kolbajen

Buffet in entryway?

kolbajen
8 år sedan

I have a gorgeous buffet with a center row of drawers and glass front doors on either side of the drawers that I cannot let out of my life. I'm considering putting it in our new home's entryway. Does it seem odd to put a buffet displaying china in an entryway? What if I replaced the door glass with a solid door front? The entryway is not adjacent to the dining area. We are downsizing and have one dining area that is central with the kitchen and living area. The entryway is long, wide and tall!

Kommentarer (8)

• Judy Mishkin
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

i'd think nothing of seeing an armoire in an entry way, or a buffet. displayed china in a hutch would feel out of place unless it was extremely curated and of lovely quality (think asian or delftware).

is it the china you want to have there, or the piece of furniture? people have been setting aside their hutch tops lately and just keeping the buffet.

i cannot comment on how it would look with solid doors; that would depend on the piece of furniture.

ahh read again, its all a buffet without a hutch top? i think thats fine in the entryway then.

• User
    8 år sedan

Quirky is modern. Paint it a fashionable colour and use the top to store cool hats, the drawers to store keys etc that get dumped on entry, the bottom part for shoes. Attractive hooks on the sides can take scarves and umbrellas.

• PRO
    Bev Moriarty Interiors, LLC
    8 år sedan

Is it a low buffet or a tall china cabinet? I think a buffet would look perfectly fine in the entry - especially with a mirror above.

• kolbajen
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

It is a very clean line, transitional buffet, no hutch. I love the piece and even though my china is from occupied Japan ( my mom's) and very modern in style - I'm not interested in displaying it necessarily. I'm not a display or treasure collector kind of girl so I'm going to put either mirror or solid front door inserts in place of the glass.

I felt uneasy putting the china on display in the entryway - just wanted some validation!

No need to paint the buffet, it's beautiful as is.

Thanks all!

• Judy Mishkin
    8 år sedan

i'd love to see a picture now or later!

• babbs50
    8 år sedan

I say go for it, I have one in my foyer and I think it looks great.

• babbs50
    8 år sedan

photo

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.