dfunk1220

Kitchen tile backsplash help

dfunk1220
11 år sedan
senast redigerad:11 år sedan
I know people "poo poo" pickled oak cabinets but we like ours. We just installed new granite countertop and are having a hard time choosing backsplash tile. Some say go dark - others say light. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kommentarer (12)

• PRO
    Dezign Studio Inc
    11 år sedan
    Pickled oak cabinets have their own beauty, so I'm glad you listened to your heart.If you could pick a few samples you like, and show us against the wall, decision making will be easier. Also what floor do you have, pictures would help.
  • Darzy
    11 år sedan
    You could try a sample of stacked stone slate to see how it looks with the counter/cabinets.
    Traditional kitchen · Mer info
  • PRO
    User
    11 år sedan
    Good for you to lead and not follow. I would do a back splash that is a mix of travertine and glass. The stone will tie in the pinkish tone of the cabinets and the glass can bring in a pop of color.
  • PRO
    Business_Name_Placeholder
    11 år sedan
    I'd say a darker backsplash rather than lighter to contrast the lighter cabinets. You can install under cabinet lighting to help illuminate your work area.
  • Jayme H.
    11 år sedan
    May I ask how u pickled these cabinets?
  • courtneyd17
    11 år sedan
    I'm with Darzy,I would just paint the wall rather than tile it since you already have the granite backsplash. The granite is gorgeous and goes very well with the cabinets (and there is no need to apologize for your choices - it's your kitchen, you choose what YOU like). But if you do go with tile, I would go with something dark and very simple. You need to be very careful because your granite is a strong statement and you do not want the backsplash competing or clashing with it. Often times the small sample of the tile backsplash will look fine, but once it is installed on the entire wall, it overwhelms and looks nothing like you imagined it would.
  • dfunk1220
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    They were custom made 22 years ago. Our carpenter had a hard time getting the color I wanted.
  • Jayme H.
    11 år sedan
    Thanks...looking at redoing ours..they are in great condition and I am considering painting or refinishing.
  • pruner
    11 år sedan
    You look to have olive tones in both your benchtop and accessories - how about trying that on a sample-paint board and seeing how it would look? Prepare the wall surface well before a full paintover.
  • dfunk1220
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    I'm going to re-visit this page tomorrow and get some pictures in the daylight. The undercabinet lighting is messing with the photos of my tile samples. In the mean time I truly appreciate everyones imput and will take it all under advisement. Love this site!
  • PRO
    Chameleon Power
    11 år sedan
    You could try this design tool to see how similarly colored granite will look with a virtual backsplash.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.