emmelinewe

POLL: What material will we see trending in 2016?

Emmeline Westin
8 år sedan

We've asked you to predict the colour of 2016 and now it's time to debate what type of material we'll see a lot of next year. Help out the editorial team (as they're writing a feature about this) and cast your vote!

Other - tell us!

Kommentarer (24)

• PRO
    Daman of Witham
    8 år sedan

We have just installed a copper themed bathroom display in our showroom, seems like we are on trend!

• coppicefarm
    8 år sedan
    I think the trend for glass walls will gain pace.
  • Sherbert Barnes
    8 år sedan
    I think we are going to see everything with the Midas touch! Everything we touch will turn to GOLD! Other metals, such as pewter and copper, will give way to gold - so we will have lots of gold tiles - gold wallpaper etc.... Think it will be quite exciting.... Think it will come more in the form of beautiful and calming rather than glitz and glamour. But generally I think, because of this, the other new material will be glass, to reflect it light. If like me, you have gone all out pewter or brushed nickel for several years, don't panic as gold will sit alongside this! That's my prediction!
  • pavinia
    8 år sedan

Brass - I predict a resurgence of beautiful antique brass kitchen and bathroom fixtures.

• angelboyman
    8 år sedan

I'm glad I prefer traditional decor - don't think I could ever keep up with the costs of being on-trend.

• Najeebah
    8 år sedan
    I think wood, stone and glass will be around for many years to come, suiting all styles in some way or another. polished concrete, much as I love it, I somehow think will start fading out, though perhaps not next year, or the year after... so by process of elimination, porcelain tiles and copper are left. gut says copper. unfounded predictions lol, but let's see
  • soozmacrae
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

Copper has been on the edges for a while but I'm starting to see more and more of this on everthing from fruit bowls to art work.

• PRO
    Salvation Furniture
    8 år sedan

It would be great to see the natural wamth, versatility and character of wood, either reclaimed or sustainably grown, still staying in demand in the coming year.

• PRO
    Smartstyle Interiors
    8 år sedan

Brushed Brass was a hot fav at all the Design shows in September and there are so many beautiful pieces on the high street now everyone can get involved with using it and bringing little bit of Deco glam to their home.

• alant1000
    8 år sedan
    I think raw untreated wood will become more acceptable and popular!
  • shazzan
    8 år sedan
    I think copper will date and glass will stay on trend.
  • Gerry Rust
    8 år sedan

I've gone for stone as I thinks that copper, concrete and wood have been trending for quite a while now, although it obviously takes the high street a while to catch on. I agree there is a bit of a buzz about gold at the moment. Did porcelain tiles ever go out of fashion?!

• PRO
    Ensign Accessories
    8 år sedan

Copper is such a warm colour, and I also predict that brown will come back (maybe not 2016) but perhaps 2017 instead of greys. These two go fantastically together. Also dark tiles for bathrooms, forget white - it is all in the lighting nowadays.

• Juliet Docherty
    8 år sedan

Cooler woods, such as burnt oak. Grey has been big for some time now. Who knows.

• minnie101
    8 år sedan

I agree with Sherbert I think we'll see even more metals. I also think more marble, including the rougher version, is it called leathered? In terms of textiles, I think we'll see lots of different knits. They have hit the clothes shops and you are starting to see more and more in interiors. From a personal perspective I would love concrete sinks etc and antiqued mirrors to really take off so the prices would come down!

• User
    8 år sedan

Antiqued and unlacquered brass will return!

• PRO
    solid matter
    8 år sedan

2016 the year for polished concrete

• PRO
    Archer and Company
    8 år sedan

Copper has been around for awhile, but still going to be very big this year..

• PRO
    solid matter
    8 år sedan

Copper and concrete look amazing together

• Coco Nuts
    7 år sedan

Carrara marble. Especially on Kitchen walls.

• PRO
    Alexandermacbeth.com Ltd
    7 år sedan

Stone and other solid surfaces are asked for more and more on a daily basis.

• PRO
    Junction 8 Tile & Stone Ltd
    7 år sedan

Watch this space .....tiles are getting even bigger....our prediction for 2017 is the use of larger format tiles such as 240x120cm size format !

• Heidi Cullen
    7 år sedan

Glass and coloured plastics

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.