kudzayi_ziso

buyer's remorse

Kuzi
8 år sedan
this is a custom made to measure sofa, i chose the fabric myself. i dont think i can take it back. is it too big for the space? how can i make it work?

Kommentarer (22)

• avery2pt0
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

Such a beautiful sofa! Hate to hear you're feeling remorse....but yes, I get it....been there myself, unfortunately.......... :-(

hard to say if it's too big without seeing the rest of the space and knowing room dimensions, general layout, etc.

if you can post more info and pics, you'll get much better opinions/suggestions.

• tqtqtbw
    8 år sedan

You have room for two end tables. Keep going.

• acm
    8 år sedan

Agree with tqtqtbw -- it's large, but it fits, so move on to the next part of the decision process.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 år sedan

Show the rest of the room........do you have any lounge chairs or is everyone to sit on the sofa. Is there a TV that needs to be taken into consideration?

So far it looks good, but maybe it's on the wrong wall.

• everdebz
    8 år sedan

I'd like to offer link to macramé pillow / textured is good: in clay or teal.

http://www.pier1.com/Malton-Macrame-Fringe-Pillow---Teal/2935490,default,pd.html#q=macrame&start=1

• Kuzi
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Thank you all. its basically a square room but there is some stuff in there that I need to clear out. I need a sutable carpet, coffee table and lamps. I like the bold patterned curtains in the room, just need to reinstall the rods. I will take more pictures.
  • everdebz
    8 år sedan

Floral Design Kilim Pillow Cover · Mer info

• Maureen
    8 år sedan

It's probably not what you expected, but it's lovely and a large couch can be a real centrepiece. Once you add art above, a coffee table, a floor lamp or side table and pillows...you will have a change of heart I'm sure, you just have to decorate and I'm sure you will be fine with its looks and size. Consider a light/simple natural fiber rug and maybe a glass coffee table.

• Kuzi
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    I also need to still buy lounge chairs. I had had my heart set on two but they definitely will not fit now.
  • PRO
    Design Platform
    8 år sedan

Not at all, you're off to a great start! It only feels too large because there is no other furniture or accents in the room. Flank the sofa with side tables, put down an area rug and center a coffee table on the sofa. Add some lighting other than overhead - either lamps for side tables or an overhanging floor lamp on either side would look nice. Textiles (throw pillows and blankets) would cozy up and finish the space.

An appropriately-sized lounge chair would fit just fine by the window, angled to face the sofa.

• Maureen
    8 år sedan

This couch or a love seat may not have made a difference as to being able to add two lounge chairs, due to the size of your room. If you can stand back and take a picture of entire room, maybe people can help with the types/size of chairs, etc. in proportion to the room's size and layout/doorways, etc.

• avery2pt0
    8 år sedan

I agree with the others.....it looks like there's space for 2 side tables. Another thought could be just one side table (maybe nesting tables) and placing just a floor lamp on the other side. Pull up/C-tables can also be used for the space as/when needed with the sofa and/or your other seating elements.

so, in other words, I agree the sofa will work and be just fine for your space.....especially with the right "other" pieces.

• Susan Davis
    8 år sedan

Paint the room BM pale oak and install plank flooring over the ORANGE tile, hem if necessary and raise curtains, find martini end tables and instead of lamps on either end intall sconces about one sixth on each end of wall, art work, very large over sofa. You are almost there! I love love love the sofa.

PS I am amazed that people buy furniture and get no help from the furniture store! I sold furniture for many years and was always offering suggestions for go with things for the piece of furniture I sold; not that they had to buy but they could leave with some ideas for the piece they obviously fell in love with enough to custom and buy. What am I missing and really not trying to hijack your post! Sofa if yummy and a very wise start to a great room.

• Kuzi
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    These are the four walls in the room. quite a small cozy room. those windows look out to a beautiful garden so I wouldnt want to put the sofa against that wall, which is the longest. opposite the window wall is the stars with the door to the left of the stairs being the downstairs powder room. the wall with the painting could house a TV but that is not the main use of the room and we will live without one in here for a while. thr painting is just a placeholder for now .
  • PRO
    Artisan Rug Gallery
    8 år sedan

That is one nice sofa. No need for remorse. It just needs something to add to its appeal. End tables, Coffee table, Art above the couch and a nice area rug that will bring some extra life to your space. A rug will give it a centered feel and bring more interest to the room. Here is a link to our website and a rug suggestions that would look great with your sofa and tile. It will also pull out the color in your curtains.

Artisanruggallery.com

Hope this helps. Please like our profile.

• Kuzi
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    p.s. that patterned curtain in the dining room is going to come down. i prefer it in the livibg room with the sofa and more a more plain drape for the dining room. i need to sort out the curtain rods anyway so will lift the curtains a bit to just hang perfectly.
  • pcmom1
    8 år sedan

Just time to dress up the room. Add a floor lamp, an art arrangement behind the sofa, a few pillows and a rug.

Balwyn, Orbit Display Home · Mer info

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 år sedan

• Maureen
    8 år sedan

You can fit two chairs and a rectangle coffee table (and perhaps even a narrow console table on the opposite wall). Add pillows that compliment your lovely curtains, a natural colored rug will make the room feel light and larger than a patterned one and maybe a mirror over the couch (or art). Sort of the set up below and use a floor lamp on one side of the couch and select pieces of furniture that aren't bluky and will help the room feeling open and also provide better access to outside.

Russian Hill - John Maniscalco Architecture · Mer info

• Kuzi
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Thank you all soo much for all the great tips and even a floor plan. I couldnt see clearly anymore. I am happy again! Thank you! I will post more when I have made progress.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.