• decoenthusiaste
    8 år sedan

Match it to the wall color.

Swallow Drive · Mer info

Or darken the walls so it stands out.

Mix it up · Mer info

• leelee
    8 år sedan

Yes! That would really refresh your room.

• Rina
    8 år sedan

No, I wouldn't paint it. But then I'm old-fashioned girl. What I might do is consider a vertical piece of art on the wall to the left to balance it, because it seems as though there is a sliced effect there between the brick and the wall surface. Needs pulling together. I stole a bit of your TV image and added a touch of green for balance, but I think a wood carving would work very well there, too.

• gtcircus
    8 år sedan
    I think the problem is that the fireplace color is one dimensional. I think if you hired a professional who knows how to paint it to look like real stone (faux finisher) you could make it look beautiful.
  • Stephanie Emmert
    Författare
    8 år sedan

thank you everyone! I know, I have gone back and forth on the color. Right now I'm leaning towards a warm white. Rina, great idea. I have two framed pieces of art that I could do in a vertical arrangement right there, It really does look good having something there. I would like something larger above the fireplace but haven't found the right piece yet.

• gtcircus
    8 år sedan
    here are some photos
  • Stephanie Emmert
    Författare
    8 år sedan

great idea, thank you

• Monica Ellison
    8 år sedan
    Painting the fireplace can be labor intensive. My recommendation is to start with painting the mantle white, add a decorative screen and a light colored canvas print. This is my 1967 fireplace before and after.
  • terry toon
    8 år sedan
    Your fireplace is just styled a little weak. Removing the mantle would be great, but painting the brick is not a good idea. Get a big piece of art (as big as your tv), a big green plant in a beautiful pot on the left side, maybe stack a few logs on the right side. Right now you have too many little things around the fireplace so it looks a little chintzy.
  • PRO
    Wg Gasser Design
    8 år sedan

I like the idea of painting; a white or slightly off-white of your choice... just make sure you use a paint sprayer... the coverage and texture will turn out much better than if it applied with a brush or roller...

• PRO
    Annie Santulli Designs
    8 år sedan

I would paint it a soft white...not a stark white. Buy a few paint colors and sample it first.

• User
    8 år sedan

Yes, paint! It will update, lighten, and brighten your room. I once painted my bricks white and then sponged a soft creamy beige over the white creating a faux finish. It changed the space dramatically. Not labor intensive at all.

I like the idea of either painting your bricks the same color as the wall or using an off white opposed to a stark white. Also, paint the shelf on the mantel white to highlight it and find either something larger to display on it or keep the painting you have and place something tall on the other side of the mantel. The vase you have there now is lost because the bricks are so dark.

Get some paint samples. Good luck.

Painted Brick · Mer info

Designer Show House 2015 · Mer info

Design · Mer info

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.