dinataylor

Love the clematis!

Dina Taylor
8 år sedan
Hi, this clematis has such a lovely colour and contrasts so well with the surrounding plantings. Do you know which clematis this is? I would love to know. Thanks, Dina
Lush English Garden · Mer info

Kommentarer (2)

• PRO
    Terra Design
    8 år sedan

My recollection is that it is Clematis 'Ernest Markham', which is quite easy to grow. As you likely know Clematis love to have their heads in the sun and their feet in the shade. We accomplish this by planting the plant an extra 8" deeper in the ground than it is in the pot. Clematis is one of the few plants that can be planted deep. Have fun.

• Dina Taylor
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Thanks for the advice. It's my first year growing Clematis (Josephine, Jackmanii Superba, Ruutel, Victoria and Niobe - :) I couldn't resist them) and I still have them in their pots - am a bit nervous to transplant them into my clay soil. I believe one can keep potting them on into one size larger pot, but the problem with that is remembering to water them almost daily! (We are suffering from El Nino here in S. Africa.) I will have to experiment with at least one of them, amend the soil with compost and plant it deeply, which would of course help keep the feet cool. I am going to look out for Ernest Markham. Thanks again!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.