burrowesedm

ugly fireplace

burrowesedm
8 år sedan

i want to update our dining room/family room. Any suggestions on this fireplace wall?

Kommentarer (9)

• Darzy
    8 år sedan

Can you show us the nearby area and furniture to determine your preferred design style?

• holly98
    8 år sedan

Just by looking at the photo, I'd paint it the entire wall one color. Use the shelves for books and photos with the top shelves for taller objects/books. Art needs to be higher above fireplace.

burrowesedm thanked holly98
  • PRO
    Atlantis Granite and Marble
    8 år sedan

Agreed. Paint the whole wall. Your artwork should always center at eye level.

burrowesedm thanked Atlantis Granite and Marble
  • PRO
    jba collective
    8 år sedan

I think it's a very nice fireplace! Check out FLW's Meyer May or Robbie House fireplaces. I'd use the bottom two niches for nicely stacked wood, and reframe the upper shelves in a fresh birch (something lighter and fresh). If you're feeling ambitious I'd plaster and paint the horizontal course of brick a bold color.

burrowesedm thanked jba collective
  • PRO
    McIntyre Cresswell Design Group Inc.
    8 år sedan

If your budget allows for it, remove all the brick and shelving and start from scratch. There are so many styles to choose from.

Example - Here is a beautiful French Country style surround made from concrete.

burrowesedm thanked McIntyre Cresswell Design Group Inc.
  • Susan Davis
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

What do you want the room to 'feel' like when you say updated? Modern, MCM, country, tuscan? A good idea is to Houzz family rooms with fireplaces to get some great photo ideas? That will give you a vision and you can have a bit more concrete idea/s of what you want and what your budget will be!

Traditional

Project in Tiburon · Mer info

Transitional

Custom Build Home · Mer info

Monochromatic

Hillsborough Classic Tudor · Mer info

Rustic

Hunter's Creek Farm · Mer info
    Modern
    Parkwoods Home · Mer info

Boho Chic

Wordly in Los Altos · Mer info

burrowesedm thanked Susan Davis
  • burrowesedm
    Författare
    8 år sedan

what is the best method for painting fireplace brick allowing for the heat?

• Susan Davis
    8 år sedan

I think any paint would work? Google it and see what comes up. I have always used a semi gloss generally two coats.

burrowesedm thanked Susan Davis
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.