jcdanek

Bathroom Design - polished chrome or satin nickel on wood?

jcdanek
8 år sedan

I have a bathroom that is contemporary design, intended to be spa like. It has whites and doug fir (beam, vanity, and will have frosted glass with fir door). The fixtures are all polished chrome, but somehow that looks weird/unnatural to use on the fir vanity and fir door. Both the vanity and the door will be clear-coated only. Should I do a polished chrome to match the rest of bathroom, or switch to brushed nickel? Also, anyone know of a contemporary lever door handle that isn't super long. I have attached a pic of two different ones I am considering. The width of the wood on side of door is only about 5 inches.

Kommentarer (7)

• Darzy
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

I vote polished chrome in a very modern design. Contemporary/shiny with wood accents is a nice juxtaposition combination.

Moen 6700 90 Degree Bathroom Faucet Chrome · Mer info

• Darzy
    8 år sedan

Here is an example of what I mean. Look out cool and sleek the polished chrome faucet looks with the natural wood vanity. Not exactly your set up, but the combo works.

Powder Room · Mer info

jcdanek thanked Darzy
  • PRO
    GR Concept
    8 år sedan

Chrome has a mirror like shiny finish which is a modern design, but somehow doesn't give the spa-like/nature look you are aiming for.

We suggest you go with the satin nickel - it is more on the relaxed side because of its matte features.

See below for an idea

jcdanek thanked GR Concept
  • Natasha W
    8 år sedan

Another idea is to find a knob with stone in it to add more of a spa feel, like these knobs from Wanelo:

If I were you I would order some sample knobs and get a little creative with it; my favorite part of my bathroom is the quirky fish knobs I ordered. They make the bathroom feel more personal to me, but are easily changed out and unobtrusive.

jcdanek thanked Natasha W
  • PRO
    Phancy Design, Inc - Turnkey Renovations
    8 år sedan

Chrome finish or crystal for a timeless look!

jcdanek thanked Phancy Design, Inc - Turnkey Renovations
  • jcdanek
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I am intrigued by the idea of adding some crystal to the bathroom. I am adding fir shelves in the back so maybe there is a way to incorporate there. Great pictures!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.