ellander

No entry... Please help

ellander
8 år sedan

I'm trying to figure out how to arrange furniture in this room. There is no entry, just that ugly railing. I don't feel like the sectional works in the corner, it looks scrunched in there, and it is too far off-center from the TV, which is centered on the wall. This is a rental, so we can't change anything big, but I could probably remove the railing and replace it with a console or similar piece of furniture. We also plan to replace the current sofa with either another sectional or sofa/chair. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

View towards living room/entry

View from front door

Kommentarer (15)

• PRO
    flair lighting
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

try taking the corner out of the sectional, and make it a sofa with the two pieces instead, then put that across from the tv, to see how you like it. maybe the corner piece can go under the window for now.

this will help you pick new furniture too.

another idea, corner the tv on the door window wall, and turn the sofa to face the windows?

how long is the wall space that the railing is on?

ellander thanked flair lighting
  • acm
    8 år sedan

Agree that TV should be where you need to view it, not centered on an arbitrary space.

Railing is awful -- do you really think you can remove it? If not, maybe hanging a table runner over it and putting in a console table will be good enough.

ellander thanked acm
  • PRO
    Monaca Brown Design Co.
    8 år sedan

If you can remove the railing, that would be ideal. Also, I'd suggest getting a sofa that's not a sectional and scootching it over so it's across from the TV to avoid looking to cramped in that corner.

ellander thanked Monaca Brown Design Co.
  • ellander
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Yes, the railing will go. It seems like most people think the TV should move down the wall so we'll try that. Do you think a sectional the best shape for this space? Thanks for the help!

• PRO
    flair lighting
    8 år sedan

again take the corner piece out of the sofa, and put it together and try it in front of the tv. NO a section is not good for this space.

• ellander
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Great idea! Thanks, I'll try that.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    8 år sedan

I would like to know how long you will be in this rental. Is it long term or just a transitional period.

Investing your money in a home which isn't yours is a waste.

• ellander
    Författare
    8 år sedan

I don't know how long we'll be here, but it isn't a transition. We're dealing with the ridiculous Bay Area housing market, so unless something happens and prices begin to go down we will be renting.

• ellander
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Ok, I tried separating the sectional to test out a normal sofa scooted away from the wall a bit, and it still just felt wrong. I really don't like having my back to the entry/door like that, and the room was obviously not designed that way. So my options are:
    1. New sofa/chair combo against long wall, and use the room as a living room only, with the TV somewhere else all together.
    2. New seating facing windows with, possibly, a long, low console and the TV mounted on the wall next to the window (or a corner tv stand, but I'm not a big fan). My preference would be to keep the TV there, but not if I can't make the room work in a pleasant way. Any opinions?

• PRO
    In Style Modern
    8 år sedan

The railing really ruins the whole place so if you could
    remove it then do so. You could also place your tv a bit under the winder to
    hide the railings.

• PRO
    Monaca Brown Design Co.
    8 år sedan

Have you thought about putting the dining area there? It's a nice little nook and looks like it might fit your table nicely. Then you have all that space where the table is now to play with.

• PRO
    flair lighting
    8 år sedan

where else can you put the tv?

• Flo Mac
    8 år sedan

my vote is the TV in the bigger corner between the front door and window. Don't take the sectional apart. The sectional would then fit perfectly on the longer wall, great for tv viewing and your back would not be to the entry. A swivel chair could be added in front of the entry railing and/or at the corner of the couch in front of the window which would make either/both positions great for conversation and watching tv. Don't spend money you don't need to, particularly if it is not your property. Some landlords require that the rental look the same the day you move out as the day you move in. Taking out the rail may cost you twice

• PRO
    flair lighting
    8 år sedan

i suggested that two, i think it is a good resolve.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.