megan_tylka

Design Dilemma

Megan Tylka
8 år sedan

Hello. We are going to put vinyl siding, new soffits, new fascia, new gutters on the house this May. You can see from the picture the brick is very different, it is a multi color of tan, beige, white, grey and red. Oh and the door is no longer that color, it is now a maroon red, like the color in the brick. We have also redone some of the landscape. My dilemma is I have no idea on what color siding to put up! I want something that brings out the brick! And I'm putting up new column and railing on my porch so any suggestions for that would be welcome as well! Thanks.

Kommentarer (10)

• Megan Tylka
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    thanks. would you do white trim?
  • PRO
    Neves Brothers Construction
    8 år sedan
    You could white wash the brick for it to be more of a solid color.. It isn't hard to do plus gives it a elegant look
  • User
    8 år sedan

Please reconsider the vinyl siding. If you don't want to upgrade for budget reasons just do the facade in hardieboard or similar and save up to take care of the rest later.

• Megan Tylka
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    and use what instead of vinyl?
  • User
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

"And do the facade in hardieboard or similar." Use shake and/or plank siding. I would use a combo of shake on the elevation shown above (front) and plank on the rest of the home.

Ridgeview · Mer info

• Jillian - Interior design student
    8 år sedan

Agree with Rusty. Please do consider Hardie siding over vinyl. It is thicker with deeper grooves and a more authentic wood-grain effect. It is more durable and resists warping, sagging and melting (in a fire) because it is cement not plastic. It is more expensive, but I'm not sure by how much.

It really does look a lot better.

• Megan Tylka
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    what is the maintenance with the hardieboard?
  • Jillian - Interior design student
    8 år sedan

I've had mine for 17 years and have done nothing except pressure wash it when my trim was being painted. I live in the south and wanted something impervious to rot and bugs.

• PRO
    F13 Design Studio, LLC
    8 år sedan

Perhaps sharing some of our designs will help?

Chesapeake Landscape Group Via Ainsley and Company · Mer info

Cottage Model, Essex, MD · Mer info

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.