gweire

Bedroom nook

gweire
8 år sedan
This nook is 95" by 62". Would it look ok to just do one chair and a side table or would I need two? You can see the color of the comforter in foreground. Pics of some of the fabrics I am looking at also. Any thoughts?

Kommentarer (37)

• PRO
    HMH Development Inc
    8 år sedan

Place chair with small side table in one corner facing bed. Place a plant in the other corner. It will look great.

• susan2494
    8 år sedan

• susan2494
    8 år sedan

• gweire
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    That's awesome! That really helps me to visualize.
  • Judy Mishkin
    8 år sedan

or you might do a chaise with a low table in front, floor lamp behind.

Aliso Viejo · Mer info

• Jillian - Interior design student
    8 år sedan

Consider a chair 1/2 or a chaise lounge with a table and lamp.

• susan2494
    8 år sedan

I think you could pick a better chair for the area

• gweire
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    I already have this chair and a half that is 52" wide by 59" deep (that includes the footstool). I laid that out once on the floor and thought it looked too big for the space. We have stairs so hubby wasn't too thrilled to have to haul it up there only to find that I didn't like it
  • susan2494
    8 år sedan

Or a settee

• susan2494
    8 år sedan

I agree the chair 1/2 is too big and bulky.

• PRO
    flair lighting
    8 år sedan

add soft curtain's and put a mini chandelier there. really cute. i dont like either chair fabric, but the chair is cute. I would add a foot stool. i might do a simple fabric, it could be a bold color.

• gweire
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    I also have this rocker that was belonged to my grandmother that I could have reupholstered. It is already upstairs so wouldn't be hard to move it in our room to try it. It is a really comfy chair.
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    8 år sedan

omgosh, use that its so cute!

• gweire
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    I originally thought I would probably just do a neutral fabric because that's what I usually do. Everyone think a solid would be better?
  • gweire
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Here is my grandmother's rocking chair moved into the nook. Also a couple of other pics of the room. The sun was coming in brightly over the bed so had to close the blinds. So pictures aren't great but what do you think of the chair in that spot? Should I have it upholstered or buy new? Don't mind the white cloths under the legs. That chair is HEAVY and don't want to dent carpet until I'm sure it is staying.
  • PRO
    HMH Development Inc
    8 år sedan
    Where would you rather have grandma's chair? It looks great here...not sure where it was before.
  • gweire
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    I would love to use it here. It has been in a guest room needing to be reupholstered for a hundred years. Would like to know if size is ok. I will be adding a table, lamp and maybe a plant that was suggested earlier.
  • PRO
    HMH Development Inc
    8 år sedan

Well, there ya go! I think it's going to be perfect. Yes it looks a bit lonely but the table, lamp, plant will fill it all out.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 år sedan

IMO your room could benefit from better lighting next to the bed, and changing out the ceiling fan to a plain white ceiling hugger with no light kit.

8 år sedan

You're probably looking at $500+ to reupholster the rocker. Is the fabric totally unacceptable as is? Hard to tell from the photos. Could a throw help tie things together?

• gweire
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    I know ceiling fans are not favored in the design world, but this is an upstairs room and air needs to be circulated even with air conditioning. I love the lamps you chose for the night tables.
  • gweire
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Jillian, yes the fabric is really awful. Has lots of stains too. I know I've had it about 40 years and who knows how long before that it was upholstered. I do have a teal throw that I want to use on a chair. I bought it when we did the room but have dragged my feet on finishing this nook. I
  • susan2494
    8 år sedan

• gweire
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Thanks Susan. That looks great. Our bedroom furniture, which I still love, is Amish style. Would a glass or metal table look too modern with my furniture?
  • PRO
    Rove Concepts
    8 år sedan

This is a perfect space for a little reading nook - absolutely perfect for a lounge chair and ottoman where you can spend hours reading by the natural light providing by the window there.

For a bit of modern, this classic mid-century lounge chair would look a little bit edgy and really amazing

or this one, in cashmere wool ;)

• gweire
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Rove-My last post might have sounded like I wanted modern. But modern is not my style. Just wanted to see why kind of tables would work with this rocker and the other furniture. Thank you though.
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    8 år sedan

i say you rock that rocking chair, and only re pollster it if needed after you add the other things to the space.

• susan2494
    8 år sedan

I don't think the tables would be bad, but you may just want a simple wood table. Maybe with a drawer or second shelf to keep your books handy.

• PRO
    HMH Development Inc
    8 år sedan

I think a wrought iron table, or nesting tables, would compliment the Amish wood furniture and break it up some. Or one of those accent cube tables in black or a darker finish.

Ken Stool · Mer info

• gweire
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Still debating on recovering or buying new. Quote on recovering is $395 plus fabric and new is $625. Have decided on plain fabric instead of print. Below pics are shades I like. Light, medium or dark? I'm leaning toward medium.
    8 år sedan

Unless the rocker is of great sentimental value, buy new.

• gweire
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Found these side tables today. They are from the same line just different sizes. They have a wood top and an iron base. The small one has an 18 inch diameter and the other a 24 inch. The larger one seems a little big. I think the style would work nicely.
  • susan2494
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

Very Nice The problem with the 18" is that you will not have a lot of room on table for a lamp. A lamp of the right size will dwarf the surface. If you want a lamp I would get larger one.

• PRO
    HMH Development Inc
    8 år sedan

Or go with a floor lamp...Susan brought up a good point. Decide before you buy. They are lovely.

• housegal200
    8 år sedan

Look for a luxurious square throw that coordinates with your bedcover and put that over the rocker. Other possibilities:

--Get a simple side table next to the rocker, maybe a small low bookcase, and a floor lamp, and you have a wonderful reading area.

--Rocking chair, floor lamp, petite desk with pulldown top and small bench you can push under. All these things can be easy found in thrift shops, but keep the lines very simple so each piece looks fresh, not dowdy.

--Build a window bench with hinged top for storage. Then try to find some really thick outdoor cushions in a solid fabric that coordinates well with your bedcovers and wall color.

• PRO
    HMH Development Inc
    8 år sedan

I think I agree with housegal. Before redoing or buying new, I would put a throw over the rocker and live with it a bit. I am sure you can find a temporary "table" and lamp to get a feel of the space and the rocker. Am a firm believer in taking some time before parting with my money. Give it a week or two.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.