sheronbennett

Help choosing kitchen worktops

sheronbennett
8 år sedan

We are in a dilemma. We have rebuilt our kitchen open plan. We have lots of light from bifolds & window. We have extended our existing hall floor which is travertine tile to the new open area & installed white handless, gloss units. Husband wants a wow factor kitchen & keen on granite & thinks we should go browns/yellow. I disagree on his choice, finding granite patterns too busy with the travertine floor, & want to stay away from "the brown look". We both don't want wood. I like neutral, eg black or white & wonder about quartz and think it may be easier to then match tiles/splashback. Is black "star galaxy with gold fleck" an option? We are in hardwater area, so would it look water stained? Would white be too clinical? Please help me choose, give advice to save the sleepless nights wondering what to do as it's holding up the kitchen being finished.

Kommentarer (4)

• Brandi Nash Hicks
    8 år sedan
    Pictures of the room would help us advise you best
  • ingabrereton
    8 år sedan

Try checking out the photos on the tabs at the top of houzz to see what others have done, I have uploaded a few here

House Designs - interior areas · Mer info

Urban Modern · Mer info

W House · Mer info

Apartment - Hadar Yosef ,Tel Aviv · Mer info

Trousdale House · Mer info

Looking at the options I like the just off white corian type surfaces best and the black the least, but really all are very nice and the combination of travertine and white is so neutral anything would look lovely - to me the pair of green lights kitchen is the best one.

sheronbennett thanked ingabrereton
  • sheronbennett
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Thanks I also like the off white and think this could be the way to go

• PRO
    Lark and Larks
    8 år sedan

We would recommend using quartz worksurfaces as these are much more hardwearing and stain resistant and you get a much broader choice of finishes and colours. As quartz is manmade you can easily match tiles and splashbacks and you can also have matching quartz splashbacks as an option. Some quartz surfaces also include a built in anti-bacterial protection. We know Silestone have developed this a formula for this.

White high gloss kitchens look great with grey colour surface which is definitely in fashion at present and we see this being the trend for some years to come. You can use a light, mid or dark tone of grey to give you a stylish modern look and feel. Some darker tones may show up watermarks but can easily be polished or wiped out.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.