lindsey_westbrook

New dining room!!!

Before and after!!! Still slightly unfinished...any suggestions are welcome!! I'd like a new floral centerpiece, a simple table runner, and something simple for each side of the mirror!! Suggestions? Thanks!

Kommentarer (14)

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

Is the mirror "yours"? Can it be returned? I ask because I think you could have done a different shape and a different finish. Long, wide and rectangular would have been my choice as it would fill the entire wall over the sideboard and you would need nothing else on that wall.

For a runner...find a natural linen. Then a grouping of candles....no flowers.

• Lindsey Westbrook
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    I was planning to add smooth plywood (painted white) within the niche--then hang the mirror (posted image as example). But, we have guests coming this weekend so we hung the mirror until we have time to finish the room. Here's a pic of the entire dining room...
  • Lindsey Westbrook
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    I had a really hard time figuring out to do with this niche!! It's such an odd shape!
  • PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    8 år sedan

You need 2 thin table lamps on each side of mirror on the big buffet...the mirror looks great.

• Jennifer Dube
    8 år sedan

Nobody should take decorating advice from me, but your chandelier is pretty awesome, and the first thought that came to my mind was globular vases -- an odd number, 3 or 5, in a row down the center, in an accent color. You could put just one flower in each vase, but they would also look good empty. By globular I mean mimic the shape of the chandelier.

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    8 år sedan

Huge difference!

• PRO
    Addition Building & Design, Inc.
    8 år sedan

Very nice.

• PRO
    Raegan Ford Interior Design
    8 år sedan

Use a very large mirror or possibly 3 mirrors to fill the space above the sideboard.

• tooky58
    8 år sedan

It's lovely.

• Lindsey Westbrook
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Thanks everyone :).
    Liketim0 -- I would have kept the mirror if it wasn't frosted with floral designs. Everyone who came into our home agreed--it was very gaudy! It was so big some mirror companies wouldn't take it down...and the company who finally agreed to charged us $500 for mirror removal. We had to go with a plan B on this one...I may put a sconce on each case side of the new mirror (unless I find something I like better to replace it) :)

Thanks for all of your input everyone!! :)
  • Bec
    8 år sedan

Lovely room! I particularly love your chairs and chandelier. I agree that a lamp either side of the mirror or a lamp one side and a large vase or sculpture ornament the other would finish it off with maybe a low long planter in the centre of the table

• PRO
    Pro Skill Construction
    8 år sedan

Love the chandelier!! Some tall thin lamps on the buffet could bring in the crystals from the chandelier to the side board.

Add some fabric captains chairs (that can be used at the ends) into the room that will bring in the black in a contemporary / glam pattern!

Go for a glam centerpiece like the one pictured

• PRO
    Hamilton Klow Architects
    8 år sedan

Cool. Nice work.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.