reena_george

Polished travertine

Reena George
8 år sedan
We are in the middle of a new build . We have travertine in the kitchen floor and back splash, stairways and bathrooms . The guy who is installing says it is polished travertine and needs no sealing . Multiple posts I have read here says otherwise . Please could sometime confirm . Will the polished travertine slip after sealing and what sealant do u recommend ?

Kommentarer (5)

• PRO
    Palo All Contractors Corporation
    8 år sedan
    Well a good sealer is always recommend. Honed or polished materials requires sealer. Just the absorption will be different. I recommended use the " bullet proof sealer " from The StoneTech® Professional .
    Make sure you clean and let dry properly before applying the sealer. Use a paint brush and do not remove the excess, let "suck in " .
  • PRO
    Sybaris Interiors LLC
    8 år sedan

Hi

Based on your picture, I don't think your travertine is polished. It looks like honed to me. Polished stones are reflective and smooth to the touch. Look at it from an angle: you should see the focused reflection of ceiling lights or natural light coming from a window.

As for sealing. Use this as to test whether your stone is sealed or not : make your floor damp with a sponge or mop. It it darkens, your floor is unsealed. If the color remains unchanged and you get the feel that the water does not penetrate, then your floor has been sealed. Hint: honed natural stones are not sold sealed and can stain easily.

If needed, a floor care professional should be able to seal, cristalize, or polish your floor.

• PRO
    Palo All Contractors Corporation
    8 år sedan
    Sorry , sealer is to just protect your stone in special " Bullet Proof" .
    Will not be more or less slippery, but after the Sealer is applied , water or other liquids will not penetrate easily , and probably will be in the surface " as a bubbles , and needs be clean.
  • Reena George
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Thank you all !! Really appreciate your advice
  • PRO
    Mint tile Minneapolis
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

YOU should seal it. We use Miracle sealants 511 impregnator for all stone not requiring an enhancing sealer.

511 will allow moisture to escape and help against deep stains & Buys you time to clean up any spills. It does NOT leave any artifacts if installed to the MFG instructions.-best.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.