benjamin_hahr

Living Room with windows on every wall – What should I do?

Benjamin Hahr
8 år sedan

Hello there,

I'm moving into a new apartment, and I didn't realize how odd the living room layout was until now (I've attached an image of the floor plan). Basically, it is a 10X14 room that is adjacent to the: front door, dining room, and a hallway back to the den/bathroom/bed room.Two of the walls have big windows, one of them has big plantation shutters that open up to the den, and the 4th wall isn't there because it is the dining room/hallway. The way that the attached floorpan image suggests to set up the living room is with a floating credenza, but I think that would be weird to walk in and see your room divided by a big TV in the middle of the room with cords running around.

So, I'm trying to figure out how I can/should layout the room with a TV, couch, coffee table, but running into the issue that any which way I move things, I'm blocking a window with my TV. Would love any input or help on how I can make this work. Thanks so much!

Kommentarer (8)

• decoenthusiaste
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

You could mount it on an articulated arm (even motorized) hung high on the wall at the corner by the dining room.

Kitchen with TV on motorized articulating arm · Mer info

• cineus
    8 år sedan
    Do you have room to turn couch where back is facing dining room? You could then have tv in corner next to den wall.
    When you come in front door you would walk behind couch to get thru apartment. Furniture shouldn't always be against wall.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 år sedan

Make the shutters just appear to be a wall decor IMO that is the best place for the T.V.

• Benjamin Hahr
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Thank you all very much for taking time to think about this and help. I think I'm going to try the "shutter as a wall approach" and if that doesn't work maybe try turning the couch so the back is facing the dining room and see if that turns out okay. I really appreciate it!

• emmarene9
    8 år sedan

I think I would block the doors with a console table and put the tv on that. The doors sound like an interesting backdrop. Don't use a large entertainment unit.

• SewingLadyDi
    8 år sedan

I agree with Angel-shut those shuttered doors and enter den from hall. You could hang drapes over those shuttered door if you want to disguise the doors or put some type of free standing decorative screen there. If you put the sofa with the back to the DR, it may not be centered and could interfere with accessing your patio. Guess that depends on how long your sofa is. Would love to see pics

• PRO
    Inspired Spaces
    8 år sedan

I agree with putting the TV where the shutters are. I think if you put the sofa floating on the opposite side it will really close your room in. The best thing to do is play with it when you move in.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.