jtbeck

What color for the doors?

jtbeck
8 år sedan
This is the last phase of the hallway and we can't decide on the door color. The door handles will be simple silver levers. The walls and trim are white, ceiling is black and comes down about 6" onto walls and floor is cherry. We have 4 bedroom doors, a bathroom door and two built ins.

The wood isn't in good enough shape to stain, and we are thinking black, white, or grey. Help!!

Kommentarer (5)

• AN
    8 år sedan

I personally prefer when the door color matches the trim. That's a lot of white, but with your aesthetic I think it will work. What shade of grey were you thinking?

• PRO
    HERR window & door
    8 år sedan

I think a Black or very dark grey (Charcoal) would look amazing. It would help anchor the dark ceiling and tie everything together. White would be a safe bet, but I always like to do things bold.

• jtbeck
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Thanks for the comments! I am open to any shade of grey, but through the rest of the house we've used a lighter grey to balance the black and white.

I like bold too, but what I love about the black ceiling now is that it fools your eye and disappears making the hallway feel a lot larger than it is. I don't want to loose that so originally we were thinking painting them black but I'm second guessing it now

• AN
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

As long as you don't go with a grey that's super light, I think it will be fine. You don't want it to look like the doors just don't match the walls. Maybe you could just prime the doors and think about it more after they're primed? It will give you a better idea of how they would look white.

• jtbeck
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Thanks Aviva, that's a wonderful idea I didn't really think about!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.