hzdeleted_30199096

Black Kitchen Cabinets

User
8 år sedan

What do you think? I really love the black laxarby kitchen cabinets. Its such a bold move, I'm scared!

I would have wooden bench tops to add warmth, as well as wooden floor boards

And this white tile splash back

Kommentarer (13)

• scottevie
    8 år sedan

I'm certainly not brave but I really like the pics you have posted. The timber, as you said, does give warmth. The matt black of the cabinets doesn't seem impractical (except for a flour storm as seems to happen whenever I bake with miss 3). I would definitely include a few glass front wall cabinets like in the examples to lighten up the look. Go for it!

User thanked scottevie
  • wuff
    8 år sedan
    I think it is stunning
  • Gioenne Rapisarda
    8 år sedan

I agree, and think that it would be fine so long as you keep the rest light and bright!

• Bradley Cheney
    8 år sedan
    I love them, I was not that brave in my last kitchen though. Overheads I did a timber veneer with black lining inside. These had all my glasses in them and looked amazing when you opened them. Like a hidden wow. Food for thought.
  • dohraime
    8 år sedan
    I agree the combo is stunning. I saw a photo cabinets done in Farrow & Ball "Off Black" recently. It had equal impact but slightly softer look. I've also revisited this page aver last few weeks. Shows some dark alternatives to black.
    http://www.devolkitchens.co.uk/kitchens/shaker-kitchens/cotes-utility-room/?crlt.pid=camp.yBG4rbi3l7rc
  • suzineedsahouse
    8 år sedan

Love it. I am in a constant "will I won't I" state at the moment as I have a small kitchen to do. Nothing is staying (only thing that won't change is where the sink is). Will it be all black (timber bench top) or all white (timber floor). Seeing this I am back to the "dark side". Some articles say black makes everything seem smaller. I don't know. Kitchen is already small, so smaller might not make a difference!

• PRO
    J&E Kitchens and Cabinets
    7 år sedan

It always comes down to personal preferences.

The black cabinets in that space is nice as suits the rustic finishes and brick walls.

• clikmania
    7 år sedan
    Did you do this ?? I would say go for it just get a slight texture on the cabinets as it'll reduce finger marks .... We did and love it :)
  • zealart
    7 år sedan

I think it depends on your space and light. The space in the first photo is really large. These are also professionally photographed and edited,which makes them look even better.

• PRO
    J&E Kitchens and Cabinets
    7 år sedan

clikmania

Did you do this ?? I would say go for it just get a slight texture on the cabinets as it'll reduce finger marks .... We did and love it :) Hi Clikmania, no we didn't, just passing comment

zealart

I think it depends on your space and light. The space in the first photo is really large. These are also professionally photographed and edited,which makes them look even better. Hi zealart, you are 100% right...

Have a great week-end all

• John Henson
    7 år sedan
    Another way of doing this that is slightly less frightening is have white cabinetry with black end panels and cupboard/draw fronts. If you don't like it after a while, which hopefully won't happen, you can change these without too much fuss. There will obviously be some compromise but it can work.
  • C P
    7 år sedan
    I don't get the fear of black, it recedes so is likely to make a space bigger.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.