picturebypatrick

Need help choosing kitchen countertop color

Patrick
11 år sedan
Hello designers,

I need some advice in getting granite countertop for my kitchen. The color cabinets and floor is just natural maple. The wall paint is off-white (a bit grey-ish). I want something that's not too pale, but not to dark either. The appliances will be stainless steel. What color of granite countertop would be good? And also any suggestions on how to do the backspalsh? Thanks

Kommentarer (22)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    11 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 11 år sedan
    Here is a more contemporary example with a solid colored countertop in a medium tone.

Newton Residence · Mer info
  • herblady
    11 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 11 år sedan
    The very best thing you can do is take your color samples and hit the stone yard. There are so many colors and patterns in the stone you'll know the right one when you see it. I am personally partial to glass back splashes, not the glass tile, an actual solid piece of glass that has the back side painted with whatever pattern or art I like.
  • Patrick
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Dytecture, thanks for the picture. I do like that color combination.

herblady, that's a great idea. I'm planning to do it this weekend.

I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks again.
  • Terri Maines_Theisen
    11 år sedan
    Both suggestions were good ones so far. after you pick out the counter top take your time with the back splash. There are so many options out there today, shapes, materials & styles. Just like the counter top you will know which one goes best when you see it. Have fun & good luck. Post pics when done.
  • Patrick
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Thanks Terri Maines_Theisen ... will post pictures for sure when done.
  • User
    11 år sedan
    I think the counter dytecture posted is quartz which I prefer over the granite with your cabinets. Just depends on the look you want. Quartz can give you a more solid color.
  • PRO
    Urban Ideas Inc.
    11 år sedan
    Hi Patrick, based on the handles installed on your cabinets, I am assuming that you are looking for a more contemporary design. I agree that CeasarStone would be a better approach for you. The mid range colour proposed is a great option but I would like to also suggest "concrete" colour for you. It is a deeper, darker grey option that will warm up the kitchen. A good way to pair it, in terms of backsplash, is to look for random strips glass sheets. Good luck, Laura
  • Patrick
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Thanks Urban Ideas Inc. ... that's actually what i was thinking too.. a greyish 'concrete' color for the countertop.

sam0705, i'm going with granite because it's cheaper than quarts and, unfortunately, budget is kinda tight now. I hope there's granite that would look solid-ish grey-ish concrete-ish color :)
  • PRO
    Susan Mills Design
    11 år sedan
    Excellent advice so far, take it one step further when looking for your stone, look for a stone that has a vein in it with a colour you would like to introduce into the adjoining rooms. Great way to keep an open floor plan in harmony.
  • Sue M
    11 år sedan
    I would personally look at the color scheme throughout your home try to harmonize it BUT your cabinets and your countertop will be a lot more permanent than a simple color change on your walls...I like change so I go with what I love first in furniture color
    and countertops...wall odors refresh a room....have fun!
  • Sue M
    11 år sedan
    Sorry wall colors change a room...lol spell check!
  • PRO
    Twisted Minds Custom Designs
    11 år sedan
    Patrick, if you want a solid-ish grey-ish concrete-ish look, why not consider using concrete. You seem to have a very minimal amount of counter space so concrete would probably fit your budget. Find a local concrete artisan and price it out. It doesn't hurt to check.
  • Molly Kahn
    11 år sedan
    I love granite and its so durable...well worth the money. I have Luna lite in my kitchen, for 19 years, and I would pick it again. It is one of the most available and can come closer to being matched if you do a partial redo of the kitchen in 20 years.
  • Patrick
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Wow.. thank you all for the responses... they are all very helpful
  • PRO
    Chameleon Power
    11 år sedan
    You could also try visiting arizonatile.chameleonpower.com and instantly visualize countertops.
  • Patrick
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    just a little update... i did pick out a granite.. and it turned out to be the same as this one here:

Divine Kitchens LLC · Mer info
  • PRO
    Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
    11 år sedan
    Ok - so you went builder basic, splurge on your backsplash then - and make the backsplash connect with both cabinetry and countertop in a mosaic that has both colours in it.
  • Patrick
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Yes, i did go with the basic. Hmm.. if i go with a multi color of backsplash, would it be too much, in such a little place? Something like this?
    ECOblue kitchen · Mer info

Or do you have something else in mind?

Thanks in advance.
  • Libby Solomchuck
    11 år sedan
    THATS VERY DIFFERENT, AN PRETTY..
  • Patrick
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Thanks Libby
  • Patrick
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    A little update on the countertop and backsplash.. it's coming together :)
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.