Författare
    8 år sedan
    Another picture
  • gustaruygers
    8 år sedan
    no curtains. Your shades are quite substantial and don't need anything else
  • grapefruit1_ar
    8 år sedan

I realize that shades serve a definite purpose but I do not think that they should be part of decor. I would use drapery panels to cover them ( hopefully you push them up during the day) when you close them at night. Fabric adds warmth and softness.

• gtcircus
    8 år sedan
    Do you have noisy neighbors or live on a busy street?.. Those shades are oppressive. It's like a Broadway curtain closing the show. More fabric would make it Vaudeville.
  • SewingLadyDi
    8 år sedan

No curtains. Your shades have a nice, tailored clean look as they are.

• debiemahoney
    8 år sedan

No curtains.

• SewingLadyDi
    8 år sedan

"Those shades are oppressive" is kind of a mean spirited comment.

• chloebud
    8 år sedan

If you're keeping those shades, no curtains. As already mentioned, those shades are substantial. I wouldn't overload such pretty windows.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 år sedan

I too find the shades oppresive IMO they are way too heavy looking for the space

• keenplanner
    8 år sedan

Plantation shutters.

• groveraxle
    8 år sedan

I also find the shades overwhelming. Perhaps if they were inside mount instead...

• tooky58
    8 år sedan

Curtains instead of the shades. Or, roman blinds.

• PRO
    Sojo Design Ltd
    8 år sedan

Roman Blinds so fabric not too intrusive into the space.

• chloebud
    8 år sedan

I agree with the plantation shutter suggestion...we love ours.

grover's pic of an inside mount looks much better.

• PRO
    Debbie Mauro @ Closet Factory (Colorado)
    7 år sedan

It looks to me like you or your window covering professional didn't have an option to inside mount as vignettes require quite a bit more space than you appear to have. The top of the window can be inferred from the bottom and there is definitely not enough room. Shutters are not the right answer for everyone either as suggested above. Given this exact situation, my suggestion would be to add a valance in a darker color or even a pattern like the pillows. Since Vignettes raise a go completely inside the headrail, you'll just have the lighter look of the valance and not even know that shades are there.

Having said that, fabric treatments are a very personal decision and Vignettes can certainly "stand on their own" without the NEED for anything else. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.