miria1

Offset recommendation

miria1
8 år sedan
I just had this installed thinking they were going to install it at about 70/30 offset. When I went to look at it I was tol the reason was that on the box it recommends 15 to 20% offset. Is that correct? I do not like it at all and am very upset. Don't know what to do.
Tides HDP · Mer info

Kommentarer (5)

• PRO
    Florida Tile, Inc.
    8 år sedan

Hello miria1! You can do that offset, there is no reason that a good installer couldn't provide an excellent job for your space. There are many patterns that can be done with this format, the most popular being a 33% offset, which is very similar to what you are looking to achieve. Best of luck with your installation! I have attached an article from the Tile Council of North America regarding offsetting tiles for you if you want to learn more about this process.

Offsetting Rectangular Tiles

miria1 thanked Florida Tile, Inc.
  • miria1
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

I just realized I left out in my comment that it was already done at 20%. I don't like it and had wanted it done at 30-33%. They said the box for this tile recommends 15-25% that's what they went by. Can you tell me if that is correct? It is the florida tile sand castle tides just like in the above pic 12x24.

• PRO
    Florida Tile, Inc.
    8 år sedan

There is no recommendation of 15-25% on the box or anywhere posted suggesting such an installation.

• miria1
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Thank you very much!

• miria1
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

I finally found out the recommendation was on the box of tiles for the master bath Tesoro earthen essence so they went ahead and did the Florida Tiles in guest bath and kitchen the same to match without asking me first. :(( I would never have thought that would be a recommendation since I have never seen it laid that way. Lesson learned. You have to specify everything not just staggered. The Florida Tile tides is beautiful in guest bath and kitchen though except for the offset I love it. The kitchen is Sand Castle and bath is Marine Fog. :)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.