dlkula

Decorating help desperately needed!

dlkula
11 år sedan
Looking to add more color to this boring start to our master bedroom. Curtains? New pattern? Add a color or two to break up the grey? We like traditional style thanks everyone!

Kommentarer (56)

• dlkula
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Oh wow I'm starting to feel better already! AMN those pics are great inspiration! And ciao I love your ideas for a rug and throw pillow! Thanks so much!
  • dlkula
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    And Jeffrey I love your ideas too... Definitely accessorize in color! Thanks!!!
  • dlkula
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    What color throw and pillows! Any chance I can bring red into this room since the rest of house is reds golds green ?
  • shortped
    11 år sedan
    And you can fold your current bedding at end of bed with contrast of bolder underlying bedding
  • bevballew
    11 år sedan
    Flower arrangement in red. Small arrangement. Maybe a piece of artwork with a touch of red.
  • Lauren Bray
    11 år sedan
    is this Restoration Hardware Italian VIntage Baroque duvet and shams in Fog? If so I've been searching FOREVER for personal pictures and not stock ones! I really like the bedding and contemplating biting the bullet and purchasing. I really love grays though :)
  • queenofallthings
    11 år sedan
    Pale teal or celadon would be lovely. Keep the comforter; keep the baby ;)
  • dlkula
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Yes! This is restoration hardware bedding, the same one you mention in fog!
    Do you like it?
  • Lauren Bray
    11 år sedan
    I love it! I've been eyeing it for months now but just haven't quite gotten over the price for just the king duvet and king shams haha. But I think I'm going to get it next month for my birthday. Is it comfortable? I would fold the duvet down some to show your sheets like someone posted above to make it look more neat. Of course your sweet baby probably makes that hard :) Its a beautiful comforter though, I'd definitely keep it.
  • victoriagrennan
    11 år sedan
    What about a feature wallpaper like this:
  • Amy Stanley
    11 år sedan
    I think your bedding is gorgeous! You need some fuller pillows for the bed, your shams are not showing their true beauty. Layering some texture would help- if you look at this bedding on the RH site you will see it mixed with the other solid yet textured color dark gray bedding- I would get the textured linen, quilt and shams to go along with this set, change your lamps to something beefier they look too small for the room. I am a sucker for white- I would use white or teal or both to add another color other then gray.
  • dlkula
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Lauren... I bought it on sale so it was 30 percent which helped!! My husband and i find it pretty comfortable! Thanks for your help! I hope you get it for your birthday!!!!
  • Dee Joy
    11 år sedan
    http://houzz.com/photos/107915

With your dark furniture, something like this would look nice!
  • rosiegabby
    11 år sedan
    Your bedroom is beautiful and not boring. The comforter is gorgeous. You have picked beautiful things that will be a perfect backdrop for the accessories.
  • dlkula
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Thanks Amy! Great advice to refer back to the RH website! I love it folded down much better!
  • shortped
    11 år sedan
    I like this bedding too. I think just add pillows in something else to Offset the print. Also, sunburst mirror over bed and other little touches of silver. Black framed photos of your family, etc
  • shortped
    11 år sedan
    Window treatment too
  • Dee Joy
    11 år sedan
    I love your duvet cover. It's beautiful! I would keep it and add pops of color with it like the photo I posted earlier! (-;
  • Dee Joy
    11 år sedan
    Here is the photo from RH
  • dlkula
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Thank you all for the compliments on our bedroom! Making me feel better and some great ideas!!! Love this site!!!
  • rosiegabby
    11 år sedan
    I think you need a puffier comforter in the duvet.
  • dsharr
    11 år sedan
    I vote for teal, like in the "Guest Room Redesign" posted by AMN. Red would go with that. Perhaps you could pick up colors in some sort of accent rug at the foot of the bed.
  • AMN
    11 år sedan
    If you're going to do red, a deep claret shade would look great. Nothing too shallow and light.
  • dlkula
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Oh my goodness rosiegabby! I think I do need a pudgier comforter!!!!
  • Lauren Bray
    11 år sedan
    is there a way to get a fluffier down comforter for the duvet without adding the heat? I love the puffy look and I think it would look great with your duvet.
  • dlkula
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    I met puffier not pudgier haha!
  • dlkula
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    I never thought about it figured they were all similar but now I know my problem! I need a new puffier comforter! Thanks everyone! Any suggestions where to find one????
  • Lauren Bray
    11 år sedan
    all over the place. Bed bath and beyond, macys, marshalls, ross, homegoods, ebay lol. Mine is from Ikea but its not fluffy because my husband gets really hot which totally kills my style ;) it all depends on how pricy you want to get!
  • bevballew
    11 år sedan
    I thought pudgier was cute!
  • bevballew
    11 år sedan
    I think you need several large pillow shams against the headboard. Maybe that is where you can find a print that combines several colors and the a throw at the end of the bed.
  • rosiegabby
    11 år sedan
    Yeah you can get a puffier comforter that is not hot. Down is somewhat heat regulating. The higher the fill number the puffier, lighter the fill. It gets expensive (eider down).

I live in south texas and use a down comforter all year long.

Here is an link to an 800 fill which about as high as they go, there maybe an 850 fill. Try for 650 or more.

http://www.cuddledown.com/product/800-fill-power-sateen-down-comforter.do?green=C4156A33-D09C-540E-9D19-EEFB2186ED9D
  • AMN
    11 år sedan
    Company Store carries different levels of comforters. We have the medium one. It's too hot for us, and I am someone who is often cold! Look for the lighter-weight ones.
  • rosiegabby
    11 år sedan
    Really try for 700 and watch for the down/feather percent. More feathers = heavier, hotter. I think by law 25% feather comforter can be sold as a. Down comforter. A really good down comforter is such a luxury - looks good, not hot, just right.

Many comforter sellers sell by size and weight (ounces of down) - summer weight, winter, very cold weather. A 20 oz 800 fill is going to be a lot puffier than a 20 oz 600 fill.
  • rosiegabby
    11 år sedan
    Another thing about good down - it does not flatten out. Ours is still puffy after 12 years.
  • Lauren Bray
    11 år sedan
    So I looked at the cuddledown...I picked the King 800 sateen down blanket..will that work? We live in San Diego and the weather is mainly warm but we have cool nights too.
  • rosiegabby
    11 år sedan
    No the blanket is very thin. It won't give you a puffy look. Take a look on Amazon for 700 fill and get more weight - like level two or three (cuddle down terminology). Cuddle down is reputable and I have several things from them but the reason I mention amazon is because of there return policy if its not what you want.
  • libradesigneye
    11 år sedan
    If you layer in a beautiful fabric print that works with that gorgeous bedding, and brings in your red . . .well, even a drapery panel or accent pillow would do a lot. That will help you get the lush look you like. Add a red leather box on the bureau, and a red leather club chair.
    look at http://www.calicocorners.com/product/designer+fabrics+for+the+home/shop+fabrics+by+color/red/nomi+red.do (a pillow)
    http://beautifulfabric.com/asccustompages/products.asp?fav=0&fpage=1&page=1&categoryID=84&productID=6489&pStart=200&recNum=233
    (recover an ottoman?)
    Now the eye starts to see the sterling and red repeated here . . .
  • rosiegabby
    11 år sedan
    Cuddle down level one might work for the look and temperature. Here is a link to their buying guide.
    http://www.cuddledown.com/product/comforter+guide.do
  • Lauren Bray
    11 år sedan
    level one will give the puffy look?
  • rosiegabby
    11 år sedan
    I think so because 800 fill is a lot of loft. Check the return policy if its not what you want. You might want to call them.
  • rosiegabby
    11 år sedan
    Here is a link. The photo in the upper right compares 600 and 800 fill down. 800 is almost twice as puffy. This is all approximate but generally higher fill number = puffier/more loft and is better quality.

http://www.downandfeathercompany.com/categories/how-to-choose/how-to-choose-fill-power.aspx
  • decoratingdazed
    11 år sedan
    Def good decision on duvet! I was looking at that one and one from Bassett. Should have gone with yours. Still like it but not as good quality. Mine too is bland colors tans and greys. I added teal color to it and a like grey and white rug under the bed. I can upload photos for you tomorrow if you like. Kids asleep in there rt now :) I love the colors together. I agree with adding a bench in color or a reading chair.this is mine. Ballards now sells it. They have great accents
    http://www.ballarddesigns.com/merivale-floral-bedding/261657?defattrib=&defattribvalue=&listIndex=0
  • decoratingdazed
    11 år sedan
    I had custom pillow covers made for the European shams and was going to do the same for accent pillows if I could have found cheap fabric I liked. I ended up finding cheap $10 pillows at Garden Ridge of all places that were the exact color I had in my head!
  • designergirl1156
    11 år sedan
    Apple green, raspberry and yellow. Throw, pillows, curtains, Find a piece of art you like and take colors from that.
  • Liz Musson
    11 år sedan
    I painted the wall behind the bed in a deeper shade..(mine is charcoal), and then a set of sheets and add the pillowcases in whatever color you prefer...yellows, reds, etc...
  • dsharr
    11 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 11 år sedan
    You could do full-length shears on the windows or something that would give them vertical dimension and add color to the room.
  • Connie
    11 år sedan
    I would add black and red. red lamps, a couple of red cushions, perhaps a red/black and grey rug, big pictute (charcoal sketch) above the bed.
  • PRO
    Cheery Curtains
    11 år sedan
    Hope these curtain designs will give you some inspirations. Cheery Curtains offers a wide range of quality curtains at affordable prices. Mouse over the image for a better view.

For more curtain designs, welcome to our website or just contact me directly at nophie@cheerycurtains.com :)

Nophie
    Cheery Curtains
    Email: nophie@cheerycurtains.com
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.