webuser_642901

We will be needing to have our mansard roof redone soon.

Jani
8 år sedan
I believe our home was built in 1906. It has been a great home to us and 5 kids. The third floor is a great hangout for teenagers! We redid membrane on the top of our roof two years ago. However, we will need to do the mansard soon. Our home was once a rental and we are far from wealthy, but have invested much over the past 13 years. We are not sure how much longer we have in this home due to employment opportunity. I would be interested in some roofing ideas and options as far as shingles and reputable contractors in my area of South NJ. Any advice would be appreciated as I have never had a roof replaced before.
Elevations · Mer info

Kommentarer (2)

• Sandy Lynn
    8 år sedan
    What a beautiful home. I love the evening shot in the snow. Sorry I don't have any advice to give on the roof issue though.
  • PRO
    Jay Greene Photography
    8 år sedan

We wanted to make the roof look original, but it was not cost effective to do it in slate. We replaced the mansard roof with Certain Teed Carriage House shingles. We chose a color that looked like slate, with small changes in color from greenish to reddish gray. We then banded it: 3 rows of rectangle shingles, 3 rows of beveled shingles, repeated evenly from bottom to top. That was probably the original design. You can then add more colors in patterns to create florets, dates and other designs. It requires a skilled roofing craftsman to do this and make It look right.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.