barbsnu

Lighting above bathroom mirror

barbsnu
11 år sedan
I have a small bathroom. We have a double sink with a 6 ft mirror over it. How do I determine how much lighting I need? It will have to go over the mirror. Is it better to have 1 fixture or 1 fixture over each sink?

Kommentarer (4)

• PRO
    Light + Color Collaborative
    11 år sedan
    You want to be sure you have even illumination for grooming tasks while at the mirror. Do you have room to mount lighting fixtures on the sides of the mirror? Light on either side of the face will give shadowless illumination. You can mount lighting fixtures THROUGH the mirror to get the light in the perfect location and create a pleasing aesthetic. If you must mount the fixtures above the mirror, select a style which will have the bulbs concealed (to avoid glare). I would recommend two (2) 2-light luminaires (one over each sink) and for best results (and flexibility) put them on a dimmer!
  • barbsnu
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Thank you for the input. Would I want the lights above the mirror to shine down or up? I love the dimmer idea.
  • PRO
    Light + Color Collaborative
    11 år sedan
    It really is best to have the bulbs out of view to avoid glare. Select a style that is designed to work in either position or one in which the bulbs are not directly visible.
  • PRO
    McCabe By Design LLC
    11 år sedan
    We like to center a 4"-6" recessed can over the sink drain and a wall sconce on either side of the mirror for good all around illumination.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.