ocean_clarke

Does DIY art have a place within your home?

Ocean Clarke
8 år sedan

DIY artwork is always a great talking point, often adding interest to the home.

How are your DIY skills when it comes to artwork? Would you be willing to get your hands dirty or is this something best left to the professionals?

Get creative in the comments below!

Artwork. email for info Troocolor@aol.com · Mer info

Kommentarer (9)

• mrsmcee74
    8 år sedan
    Weirdly I've been thinking of having a go. Been doing lots of research on blogs etc, think you can get away with a lot if it's abstract!
  • Ocean Clarke
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

Definitely a great idea I say - a perfect opportunity to add a personal (and affordable) touch to your home!

• Ocean Clarke
    Författare
    8 år sedan

It just proves that you don't need a big budget to inject a creative element into the home! I love those artworks Tani!

• urbantyke
    8 år sedan
    I used a photo of a Subodh Gupta installation I saw at the CAC in Malaga to decorate the back wall of my kitchen recess - cost about £30 for the mounted print.
  • Jonathan
    8 år sedan
    Since canvasses can be sourced inexpensively anyone can have a go especially when so many of us have tester pots left over from other projects.
    It has since gone but I did this a few years ago. I painted a canvass a plain chocolate colour, with lining paper I made a circular template then spattered metallic paint into the circle. Lots of people admired the end result which looked remarkably like something for sale in John Lewis at the time.
  • Lyndsey P
    8 år sedan
    It's on my to do list. We were given a landscape canvas of Times Square (we love New York, but hate time square and I feel the same about the canvas!!), I've put a coat of white over it and am trying to decide whether to put another coat on before I start painting (with left over testers and some gold leaf/spray/paint maybe) or to leave it for a bit of texture underneath
  • Tani H-S
    8 år sedan
    Thank you
  • PRO
    Chris Art Paintings
    7 år sedan

Art always adds so much of a personal touch to any room!!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.