jadair5366

Dining Room design ideas

Jennifer Adair
8 år sedan
Just got new dining room furniture - now I need advice on what to do to the room. The beige color paint needs to stay cause it goes into my living room. Maybe painting wood trim white. I need advice and suggestions!! Thanks in advance!

Kommentarer (8)

• b651
    8 år sedan

Can you paint the wall under the chair rail? I think it should be the same as the top.

• Jennifer Adair
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Yes, as long as I can find the paint in the garage. But, yes I can do that.
  • Bev
    8 år sedan

I Love the brick opening to your dining room with the arch. It is so unique!

• PRO
    Bespoke Decor
    8 år sedan

The trim doesn't all have to be the same color. Consider painting either the baseboard trim or the ceiling trim a color similar to the really dark tone that appears on some of your brick. Before you paint walls, consider removing the chair rail altogether. It's doing nothing for the room except breaking up the space and making it feel narrower than it is. Chair rail looks best in traditional rooms that are symmetric in shape.

• PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    8 år sedan

Love the brick in your DR! So if you want to keep the red, I would do something a little more fresh. A light rug would look great to break up some of the wood and a plant will add some life to the room.

• PRO
    Decorating Den Interiors - Gabriela Suarez
    8 år sedan

Hi! I love your new dining room table and chairs! Love the brick wall as well! I just think the room need more life, light to feel fresh and new. Paint trim and cabinet white, remove chair rail or paint it a more contemporary "grayge", drapery panels in pattern or organic fabric. In terms of accessories: consider a large vase instead of lamp on side board, one larger mirror instead of the two smaller ones, and a longer center piece for the table or three in different heights. Lastly I imagine from the picture you like warm colors but try to add a small hint of cool to balance the room. Happy decorating!

• Bette P
    8 år sedan

Wow, great bones, this room is well on the way to being a stunner!

I would remove the chair rail and remove everything hanging from the walls.

To balance the brick wall, change the drapery to a fabric that has more weight to it. The rod needs to be mounted much higher. No art needed on this wall.

Look for a ceiling fixture that is longer for your longer table, or two separate chandeliers.

One wider and taller art piece over your buffet. If you want lamps you need a pair, see the photos for scale.

When you decide on the decor scheme, paint out the inset wall cabinet to match the wall. If you paint the trim to white, look for warmer whites because of the brick.

New Albany, Ohio 2 · Mer info

River Ridge - Southwick · Mer info

Johnson Design Projects · Mer info

Transitional Home · Mer info

Sterling at Silverleaf Residence · Mer info

Dining Room · Mer info

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.