princesshockey

How to paint an open living/dining/kitchen area?

princesshockey
11 år sedan
senast redigerad:11 år sedan
Hate beige. New home has all beige walls. The living, dining, kitchen area is all connected and very open. I'm not sure how to paint the different sections. Do I use all one color?

I have bold color choices selected for the bedroom/guest rooms (Teal) and I tend to prefer dark grey or other dark/bright colored walls...but is that too much to darken this entire area? There is a separation on the wall between living/dining so would it make sense to do two different colors there or should I keep it all the same?

Any/all color advice is welcome. I'm paralyzed here!

Kommentarer (4)

• Kim White
    11 år sedan
    I'm not a designer but I just painted my dinning room Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore and it looks fabulous. It's a warm grey so it goes well with the brown in your home, check it out you won't regret it.
  • PRO
    Imperial Kitchens and Baths, Inc.
    11 år sedan
    If you aren't afraid to go bold, orange would be nice in this space and is very current. You don't need to paint all the walls, pick one or two focus walls for your pop of color and then balance the room with colorful prints on the other walls.
    11 år sedan
    Since there is a good definition between dining and living room, what about the same color but in two different shades? Say the living room a richer/warmer shade and do the dining/living room with a lighter shade. That way there would be flow, but still definition. That would also not overwelm/overtake the space with a color. I also like the idea of one or two focus walls.
  • PRO
    Light + Color Collaborative
    11 år sedan
    Use the columns as "dividers" to stop and start new color. Look at the Affinity Colors by Benjamin Moore. You have a fairly neutral palette, so you can do great combos- just depends on your personal taste and preferences. Ex: "Urban Nature" (a pleasing muted green, which works well with grayish blue) "Coastline" and trendy yellow "Wasabi"
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.