kristiviola

ideas for bath remodel?

kristiviola
11 år sedan
We just bought a house and are redoing a lot. This bath will be redone. Keeping the tub and vanity! I am looking for ideas, work will start soon. Thank you!

Kommentarer (15)

• PRO
    Norm Walters Construction Inc.
    11 år sedan
    Unless that is the only bath tub in the house I would get rid of it and make a larger shower and a linen closet. If the tub stays I would make the wall between the tub and the shower about 40" high and put glass on top of it as well as a frameless shower door.
  • Shobha Bhushan
    11 år sedan
    Change the countertop of the sink to black granite or one with grey and silver specks.
    Remove the stuff which has been placed above the drawers ,have a small covered area below the bay window ,have a spot for trash,use plexiglass for the door ,have a single flower on the corner where the perfume is placed.
    On top of the glass door cover with painting which fits the area ,not too bold,,change the towel rack to acircular one .This gives you a makeover within a budget,no breaking and not too much work also ,but the lines are clean and smart
  • kristiviola
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Thank you, Norm and Shobha.
  • Shobha Bhushan
    11 år sedan
    Wish you success in your remodelling
  • PRO
    Shalini Ganguli
    11 år sedan
    How about leaving your ceramicware white and colouring the wall navy blue and use white and blue accents and accessories? Like a shell shaped soap bar... Or floor mat... :)
  • Shobha Bhushan
    11 år sedan
    Good suggestion will work well
  • rinked
    11 år sedan
    Are you gutting it or remodeling it?
    If you're only remodeling it, paint the pink walls black and install a black countertop.
  • rinked
    11 år sedan
    I like it, what type of walltile did you have in mind?
  • kristiviola
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Thanks! I have literally looked at so much my mind is burned out. I have no idea at this point. There are some beautiful things from Porcelanosa that are white with mirror accents or a white moon/galaxy mosaic I loved... But literally I can't think anymore. I am inclined to think something white/light colored that would look nice with this floor or a similar floor in a terracota color. Thanks again
  • PRO
    11 år sedan
    I would go to a local tile distributor and see what they have available. Nothing like ordering tile online only to have 25% breakage during transit, then you don't have enough tile to finish, and your bathroom waits.
  • kristiviola
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Thanks Norm, I have to been to so many places and have not seen anything like this in person. I would prefer to do as you said! I am still searching for a place in Dallas FW, any suggestions are appreciated!
  • PRO
    11 år sedan
    If you have to order it from a distance make sure you get enough, 7% added to the square footage for waste and cuts is normal. Open all the boxes up and go through them before you rip your bathroom apart. Make sure their is additional tile available with the same lot number and that it is not a discontinued tile (normally on sale).
  • rinked
    11 år sedan
    The wall should not interfere with the busy floortile, so I guess a large softwhite matte tile will look great, with a much smaller accent tile (either a trim or a larger surface) in a similar color (or a hue darker) with some more gloss (mother of pearl), maybe even in the same shape as the floortile. Or an extra accent tile in a darker shade for some contrast.
    Do you want a soft and bright bathroom or one with a bit of drama? (the pink bath is added just for fun)

New Releases · Mer info

Arabesque Zaragoza Spanish Paver Handmade Cement Tile · Mer info

Royal Mosa 10Thirty Porcelain Tile in White Matte - 4x12 · Mer info

Mill Valley, CA · Mer info

GREEN with Envy: LEED Certified Whole House Renovation · Mer info

girls bathroom · Mer info
  • kristiviola
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    omg, I LOVE your ideas and the pics you added, wow! Thank you! I am loving the grey and white plus gloss or shine. I love drama and the pink bathroom is fun, but I think my husband would freak out with that, so I guess soft and bright with a touch of old world with new interpretation. Thanks so much!!!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.