asilvas45

Help! Which backsplash?!

Alyssa
8 år sedan
In the midst of building a house, needing help on which backsplash to choose.

My cabinets are white and my wall color is Versatile grey which you can see on the far left.

My granite is not installed yet, but I provided a picture of it.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

Kommentarer (62)

• PRO
    S Mistry Interiors
    8 år sedan

Or A hex pattern

• Ann
    8 år sedan

I'd also go simpler, but of these three, my vote goes to the middle one.

• Alyssa
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    This kitchen is my inspiration!!

Her backsplash is the same as the middle backsplash I have on my original post.

What do y'all think?
  • User
    8 år sedan

None of the above.

• MJ Silvas
    8 år sedan
    :)
  • miacometlady
    8 år sedan
    Your inspiration photo has cream counter and cabinets. Your cabinets are white and counter has grey/ black. Neither pick up the creamy accents of tile in inspiration photo. Did you pick out same tile? Hard to tell.
  • MJ Silvas
    8 år sedan
    Just a suggestion
  • Stacy Lawrence
    8 år sedan

They're all too busy with your granite, which is the star. Two stars in a small, busy space clash. I live in Orange County CA and have been house shopping, and there are only a handful of homes that do not have dated or ugly backsplash tile (even homes in the million dollar range). Tile is the first thing to date a home. Keep it simple. Choose the lightest color in your granite or match your cabinets and you will be happy for a long time. It's pretty on its own, but think about the overall picture. Homeowners think they need to LOVE every finish, you don't. You're creating an atmosphere, so remember the whole picture not just each individual element. Quick read: Best backsplash for granite

• emmarene9
    8 år sedan

What for the granite to be installed. I don't like any of them but I also don't like your inspiration photo either.

• drdeb1234
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

I agree to wait until the granite is installed, and then put backsplash samples up. You will be in a much better position to decide (and to avoid a very costly mistake!).

• PRO
    Julia & Elizabeth
    8 år sedan

I would recommend hiring a local kitchen designer to help you pick one. There are so many posts on Houzz from people who have chosen a backsplash that is too busy and they are very disappointed.

• Judy Mishkin
    8 år sedan

oh gosh the last thing i'd ever want to be doing is trying to clean spattered chocolate cake batter off of a rock wall.

i know solid subway tile seems a boring choice now but the reason so many people have chosen it is because it works. i went with pattern on pattern at my vacation home 8 years ago when that combination was the bees knees and i cringe to see it every time we arrive on a friday night in summer. don't do it.

• PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    8 år sedan

Your countertops and backsplash options all feature a very small pattern which is why it will look too busy. You don't have to do subway tile if you don't want to but choose a tile that is larger to balance out your counter tops. If you choose a small textured backsplash, you're going to be back on houzz asking us how to fix it.

The middle one is probably the best but still too busy for the granite and yes, will be quite difficult to clean splattered cake batter and spaghetti sauce off.

• Susan Mooney
    8 år sedan

I think glass subway tiles would be beautiful in your kitchen. I went with blue and we love it. Simple but pretty.

• Stacy Lawrence
    8 år sedan

It doesn't have to be subway size, but a solid tile in any shape, even a mosaic if that's what you're drawn to :)

• Judy Mishkin
    8 år sedan

glass tiles always look so serene, no matter the color.

• Lynne Mysliwiec
    8 år sedan

Of the three, the stacked stone looks nicest -- definitely seal the living daylights out of it so you can keep it clean

• Lynne Mysliwiec
    8 år sedan

My back splash is a matte-finish aluminum with no seams above the counters and a slab of the same granite as the counters behind the cook top and I love it. This combination is easy to keep clean and allows the granite to be the star of the show.

• Alyssa
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Thank you all for the feedback! I plan on waiting for the granite to be installed first! Then I will update y'all with new backsplash options :-)
  • Alyssa
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Okay granite is installed!

Y'all recommended subway tile, so the first photo is like a Calcutta marble with grey on some tiles. .
    and the 2nd picture is just a white subway tile. (Only had one sample)
    What y'all think??
  • PRO
    Keeping Good Company - Interior Design
    8 år sedan
    The subway tile looks great!
  • Lori East
    8 år sedan
    White subway tile.
  • lhutch13
    8 år sedan
    Ugh. I'm so over white subway tile. The first one is better.
  • M Shea
    8 år sedan
    Can you post a closer up photo (granite + backsplash) that includes your first 2 options too?
  • Ann
    8 år sedan

I like both of these choices. It's looking very nice!

• Vicky
    8 år sedan
    Subway tile is very boring.
  • drdeb1234
    8 år sedan

I prefer the subway tile. But my preference will always be a bit too little vs a bit too much...

• stoufmason
    8 år sedan

I like my boring grey glass subway tile. I think it would look great with that countertop.

• TraceyE
    8 år sedan

At the risk of being called boring I like the white subway tile. Have you considered what colour grout you might use?

I've just finished my kitchen and used a longer subway tile, with a light grey grout

Tracey's Kitchen, laundry or butlers pantry · Mer info

• User
    8 år sedan

Alyssa, you can't go wrong with either choice. Beautiful choices so far... I really think it is a personal preference. I love the marble. I love how it complements the cabinets and granite counters.

Stunning pic of the kitchen posted above by Tracey! Have a seen that before? Hehe

• Alyssa
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Thank you all for the feedback!
    I've honestly not even thought of the grout color, so much to consider when building from the ground up
  • Alyssa
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    I'm loving everybody's kitchen, so crisp and clean! I really like that gray glass tile as well
  • hmarney
    8 år sedan
    I like the grey glass quite a lot, but you'd have to be sure it goes with your cabinets and granite! I would like to see 1 and 3 in your first photos against the wall now. I liked them. I would bring home 10 samples in various tones of what your gut tells you lean it down to 3 the get some feedback from houzzers and friends.
  • User
    8 år sedan

As much as I love the marble I think it fights with the granite. They each are pretty on their own but they are competing when put together. (Referring to the last two pics)

• stoufmason
    8 år sedan

I spent more time looking for the right grout color than I did for my glass tile. I finally found one that matched the tile exactly (since it had been suggested t hat I didn't want to see the grout lines). Well, it went up -- and it looks white! Fortunately, I was happy with the look. But I had to laugh at myself for the hours I spent searching for the right color!!

• hmarney
    8 år sedan
    Tile looks great, how does it look w the whole kitchen?
  • PRO
    Passé/Present Interiors
    8 år sedan
    Try a solid light or medium grey. White clashes with the off white cabs, the White/grey still not doing it for me. It's frustrating, I know, but keep it simple and clean for the backsplash.
  • drdeb1234
    8 år sedan
    I agree that grey glass may strike the right balance between interesting and simple
  • Seamus Curran
    8 år sedan
    Hi Alyssa...I would go with one on left..less distracting than other samples..
  • Irene Morresey
    8 år sedan
    Not sure if I like any of them. Have a look at Vetro neutra glass mosaic like in the pics, think it looks lovely.
  • Heather Macdonald
    8 år sedan
    Lynne M, love your granite counter, what is the name please
  • Heather Macdonald
    8 år sedan
    Another vote for one colour tile, any colour but white
  • thinkdesignlive
    8 år sedan
    I am fine w white subway time but the white you chose is very white white and your cabinets are a bit creamy.
  • Alyssa
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Where did you find that tile stoufmason?!
  • Alyssa
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    I like that blein! Where can I find that tile?
  • Kathi Steele
    8 år sedan

I agree with Edwards. Tile is "too" white. But I also think you only need 1 thing with movement and that is the granite. Your backsplash should blend into the background. Match the grout with the tile or you have another pattern. Tracey's works because her countertop is plain.

• TraceyE
    8 år sedan

Hi Alyssa,

my benchtop is creamy and grey speckled, this pic is when I was trying to decide on the tiles :) I picked a light grey for the grout to drawn the colour in from the stone - I love the white subway tiles I used they add a lot of lightness and brightness to the kitchen.

Tracey's Kitchen, laundry or butlers pantry · Mer info

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    8 år sedan

Hands down, the simple white subway tile. Everything else is way too busy.

• Irene Morresey
    8 år sedan
    The tile above, try Mission Stone and Tile company, google them, they have the samples and can let you know where they can be obtained
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.