New house, Unique cabinets

lctgrimes
8 år sedan
Thoughts?

Kommentarer (15)

• Bev
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

Your photo is so dark I can't see them very well but from what I can see, they are louvered cabinet doors. They may have been custom built because I do not remember a time when these type of cabinets were in style (I'm 60 years old) and I have a good memory.

I just looked these up and they are custom built!

• lctgrimes
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    You are correct, they are more or less louvre but not exactly and I have never seen anything like them. That are good cabinets though. I am thinking a creamy off white paint will help.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 år sedan

All I see is a million grooves that get grubby and have to be cleaned and they are way too close to the counter to make the counter useable.

• PRO
    Interior Designer - Home Stylist
    8 år sedan

I would try painting them a creamy off white, I think the louvers could look cool in that finish!

• Bev
    8 år sedan

I agree that a creamy off white would be beautiful!

• Judy Mishkin
    8 år sedan

it might be an illusion that they are less than 18" from the counter.

• PRO
    harvey & Dot
    8 år sedan

I am big into painting cabinets when they don't work. But I love these cabinets and would keep them wood. They have an updated mid century feel. I would update the backsplash to something light or white. Can you post another picture to include more of the kitchen?

• Jennifer K
    8 år sedan

I think the wood is lovely. And the design reminds me of sailboat fixtures. I'd leave them as is and replace the backsplash. The cabinets are pretty and unique; the backsplash is dated and boring and doesn't enhance the cabinets. I think a stainless steel backsplash (sheet not tile) would look wonderful.

• acm
    8 år sedan

Paint for sure. I'd be tempted to use wood filler to fill all those grooves before I did anything else . . .

• User
    8 år sedan

Are you in a tropical climate?

• flopsycat1
    8 år sedan

A wider angle shot would be helpful. The question is really, what are your thoughts? Like them or hate them?

• Terri Henderson
    8 år sedan

The quality looks good and they are unique. I would not change them if they were mine.

• apple_pie_order
    8 år sedan

I've seen similar cabinets on a Houzz discussion (which would be impossible to find). I think they are a late 1960's to mid 1970's style.

• PRO
    Crystal Kitchen + Bath
    8 år sedan

That stain color is definitely making it's way back and the louvered door style is definitely unique without being outdated. It's warm, natural and inviting. Our vote would be to leave them!

- Crystal Kitchen + Bath

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.