flopsycat1

Room darkening shades.

flopsycat1
7 år sedan

We would like to install blackout cellular shades for a 70" wide window so that we can sleep beyond 5:30 in the morning. Because of the size of the window, the shades will need to be custom. There are so many online fabricators, at varying price levels, most with very good reviews. I'd appreciate opinions regarding quality and durability from anyone who has ordered similar shades. ( Posted the pic solely as an attention grabber. Hope it works) Thank you!

Kommentarer (6)

• Judy Mishkin
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

you have my attention. i'll never sleep again.

so.... our vacation home a 'circle top' window (thank you, 80s) that is uncovered. yet we sleep later there than at home, even on a weekend. i think its because our bed is directly under the window, and when you sleep your neck tends to make you look toward your toes. anyway, we are looking AWAY from the arriving dawn. at home our bed is opposite the window, so we are naturally directing our eyes toward the window.

if you can at all rearrange your layout you should give this a try.

oh, and my adult daughter swears by those black masks the airlines give you, you should try them too before you do any expensive window treatments.

flopsycat1 thanked Judy Mishkin
  • juliewold
    7 år sedan
    Hunter Douglas shades are wonderful and have a warranty. Expensive, but the best!
    flopsycat1 thanked juliewold
  • PRO
    Prairie Shades & Shutters
    7 år sedan
    As @juliwold said, seek a qualified Hunter Douglas dealer in your area and have it done right. They will tell you things about room darkening shades you would have not considered and assist with the right solution, color and installation.

Buy local and keep the money in your community.
    flopsycat1 thanked Prairie Shades & Shutters
  • flopsycat1
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thanks for the comments. We can't really change the position of the bed and, yes, I've already ordered two sleep masks as a temporary fix until we get the shades. Will check out the Levolors at Lowe's tomorrow.

• linlac
    7 år sedan
    I have Hunter Douglas and love the quality. They were expensive but worth it.
    flopsycat1 thanked linlac
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.