houzzukpolls

POLL: What do you prioritise when buying furniture?

HouzzUK Polls
7 år sedan
senast redigerad:6 år sedan

Whether you live in small or large home, or you're renting or owning, you want to express and showcase your own style. Furniture is one way of adding that unique flavour to your place. When you buy furniture - what do you prioritise? Are you more likely to invest in quality pieces, that are perhaps slightly more expensive, or are you more concerned with your furniture being original and unique? We'd love to hear your selection process and please share any photos if you've made a great bargain or you've invested in a piece that's lasted years and years.

Inexpensive
Stylish (the design of it)
Good quality
Original and unique
Other

Kommentarer (21)

• PRO
    Roberts Bespoke Furniture
    7 år sedan

I chose stylish because I'm happy to pay for what I want and the most important thing to me is how it looks, quality is a close second.

• PRO
    Dagmar Design Ltd
    7 år sedan

Originality is the most important

• PRO
    User
    7 år sedan

Quality is very important - it's disappointing to purchase stylish pieces of furniture that become defective after little use because the quality isn't up to scratch

• PRO
    Forever Home Interiors Ltd
    7 år sedan

I chose quality because when you invest in an item of furniture you want it to last.

• anneowl
    7 år sedan

The best quality in my price bracket. No point in breaking the bank even if the quality is fantastic as I just wouldn't enjoy it due to worrying about budget.

• PRO
    Antons Beinars Carpentry
    7 år sedan

quality

• PRO
    Tailored Living
    7 år sedan

First thing I would always consider is the size and the style

• PRO
    Plum Chutney
    7 år sedan

A few statement pieces really help make a room stand apart! This is the principle we work with when designing products at PlumChutney too!

• PRO
    Tailored Living
    7 år sedan

Statement pieces are great, we love them too but in the wrong size or style and they can do more damage than good

• PRO
    WCD Furniture
    7 år sedan

Original and Unique, our clients select key pieces of statement furniture.

• Stephen Edwards
    7 år sedan

Whether I like it comes first, then whether I can find room for it; whether I actually have any use for it usually comes third. I very rarely buy brand new pieces of furniture these days, sadly I cannot afford bespoke so prefer things which have a bit of a story to them and which can be adapted to a new purpose.

• lisa77226
    7 år sedan
    I chose quality but in reality it's a combination of quality and style. I will go without until I can afford exactly what I want. It needs to be stylish yet able to move with trends so usually that means clean lines. I also have a lot of pieces from eBay and charity shops!
  • PRO
    Roon & Rahn
    7 år sedan

Most of our home is furnished with our own designs and things we have found in Danish and Dutch 2nd hand design finds.

Bartrolley + stige · Mer info

• PRO
    Bowerman-Gill LTD
    7 år sedan

buy cheap buy twice - quality first definitely. Then style, furniture is an accent of your personality and lifestyle.

• PRO
    Atelier Interior Design
    7 år sedan

Key pieces will always set the tone for any project. Invest in the best quality you can afford and work forward from there!

• PRO
    Juliettes Interiors Ltd
    6 år sedan

We are in the market of selling luxury furniture, so would recommend quality and style above all. If you can afford luxury new items thats all very well, they are beautifully made and offer gorgeous styles that can stand the test of time. However, we also understand not everyone has the budget to be able to do so.

If your budget is lower, be savvy and buy traditional or contemporary pieces at auction. Use your imagination and buy quality second hand furniture and accessories that are design classics for a fraction of the price. Use interior design techniques that feature colour and textures to bring out the best in your choices. You can then incorporate inexpensive items as long as they are interestingly designed. Inexpensive ....and dull...is definitely not an option.

• PRO
    Shimu Oriental Furniture
    6 år sedan

Definitely original and unique. Much rather a one off, distinctive piece (preferably antique with a story to tell) rather than something mass-produced. Buy qualtiy furniture to last if you can afford it and look for key pieces that really speak to you as well as being practical.

• PRO
    Adam Williams Design
    6 år sedan

Good quality is always important for Adam Williams Design, we pride ourselves on good quality. We believe the price reflects the quality on most occasions. However being bespoke we believe originality and uniqueness is a strong factor when buying furniture.

• PRO
    Atelier Interior Design
    6 år sedan

Here at Atelier Interior Design we recommend to investing in good quality, well crafted, timeless & statement pieces to finish off a room. We pride ourselves in providing our clients with good quality pieces that are beautiful and unique. We believe that price reflects the quality on most occasions. We also believe that well crafted bespoke furniture pieces bring uniqueness and originality to any space.

• PRO
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.