narelle54

KITCHEN SPLASH BACK

Hi, I would like to know anyone who has used large tiles for a kitchen splash back? Not as much grouting needed.

Kommentarer (4)

• PRO
    The Kitchen Design Centre
    7 år sedan

Hi Narelle,

We have used large scale tiles in this kitchen and, as you can see, it works really well! http://www.houzz.com.au/projects/903229//yallambie-modern-kitchen
    Regardless of the tile colour you go for, you could use a dark grout to help hide the inevitable splashes.

Alternatively, Southern Cross Splashbacks offer an number of tiles sizes and they use a stain proof grout! Best of both worlds! http://www.scsplashbacks.com/

Narelle Blanchard thanked The Kitchen Design Centre
  • robandlyn
    7 år sedan

I think large format will work IF you are doing a larger area - like the entire walls in the photo on the previous post. If you are only doing a small area above the cooktop it will look un-balanced.

Narelle Blanchard thanked robandlyn
  • Narelle Blanchard
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thank You for the picture! The Big tiles look Great in the kitchen. Our kitchen is only small & the Big tiles are going across one wall & across the other wall. The only difference is our tiles are going vertically. What colour grout did you use? We are having white large tiles & white grout but I have heard light grey grout is nice to.

• PRO
    Lindon Homes Pty Ltd
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Hi Narelle, we agree - large format tiles can look fantastic, in your circumstance, consider the format of tile you select. Perhaps rectified would be a good suggestion, as you can reduce the grout line to a 1/2mm line. We always recommend that the grout match the tile as closely as possible, to minimise the appearance of the grout look again. This trick can be utilised on either rectified or pressed edge tiles, if you have already purchased them. Always seek the advise of a PROFESSIONAL tiler before going ahead with the install, as each case will inevitably vary. Our example below showcases large format tiles in a small area and they look fantastic - remember, tiles can be cut to suit a space. If you are considering grey grout with white tiles, you will be creating a more rustic, industrial feel - white grout with white tiles will give a more modern, simplistic feel - all depends on what your personal tastes are. Best of luck!

Narelle Blanchard thanked Lindon Homes Pty Ltd
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.