agonski

Need help coordinating area rugs for my open concept living / dining room.

Anna Cowenhoven
11 år sedan
senast redigerad:11 år sedan
I have a large, open concept living / dining room, and I'm trying to pair two different area rugs - one for the living area and one for the dining area. Here is the rug I currently have in our living area (of note, this is an image from Overstock, not my actual room). Would welcome suggestions for something to coordinate for the dining area. Of note, my colors are gray/taupe/ivory with gold accents, and I have dark cherry hardwood floors throughout. THANK YOU!

Kommentarer (35)

• decoenthusiaste
    11 år sedan
    Have you checked with Overstock for a mate to this one with the background gold and the lattice in grey? Reversing colors of the same pattern could work.
  • PRO
    User
    11 år sedan
    Rally like your rug. In coordinating another rug, the scale and style of the pattern is important, just like it is when choosing fabrics. Since this is a large scale design, unless you are going to dupliacte it, choose a rug with a smaller pattern it. Or go for a large transitional (not too fussy or oriental) floral with same color tones.
  • Anna Cowenhoven
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    These are great suggestions, thank you. Unfortunately, I have not found a reverse pattern option - though it would be great! My biggest challenge is finding a rug with a smaller or complimentary pattern that has the same color scheme. The charcoal is more of a slate color, and the pattern is a dove gray/taupe and ivory. Specific rug ideas welcome!
  • User
    11 år sedan
    Here is a link to a rug I was thinking of. It's a smaller pattern, so I think it should coorindate especially since it will be under a dining room table. I know it might be an issue matching the greys.
    http://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/rugs-usa-chevron/charcoal/200HJHK04A-26010.html
  • PRO
    User
    11 år sedan
    I wouldn't put 2 vibrant geometrics in the same area, tho I like the chevron rug. Another simpler idea is to go with a neutral, sisal-looking rug with a charcoal grey border. Available at all price points and color combinations.
  • Anna Cowenhoven
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Love this chevron striped rug, but agree could be a tad busy with the other pattern. Any suggestions of the larger floral transitional style? That sounds like it could work well!
  • PRO
    Oriental Weavers
    11 år sedan
    That's a great rug! Check out some coordinating options pulled from our collections...
  • PRO
    User
    11 år sedan
    Here's one from Crate & Barrel.
    http://www.crateandbarrel.com/talia-rug/f50754
  • PRO
    RHS - Services
    11 år sedan
    I like the idea of not having the rugs too matchy matchy especially when they are in the same sight line. Your colors Grey /taupe/ ivory are easy colors to work with and there are some beautiful rugs that look like pieces of modern art. The dining area is where you should be more elegant with your selection, if the table and chairs are exceptional pieces then choose a neutral in one of the colors from that room assuming that your colors flow. Go with what is happening in the dining room and pair your rug with the elements in that room but if both rugs can be seen at the same time stay in the same color tone try not to conflict with the other rug, remember the stronger pattern will draw your eye as a focal point especially if the other elements in the room are not as strong. Keep it light and airy in both pattern and color. good luck
  • PRO
    A Crew of Two
    11 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 11 år sedan
    Rosa Area Rug · Mer info
    Sterling Jardin Blue Floral Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug · Mer info
    Mantadia Rug · Mer info
    Chunky Braided Wool Rug · Mer info
  • User
    11 år sedan
    Just a visual of what I was thinking with the chevron suggestion :) Like a lot of the other suggestions as well!
    Vibrant Family Room - Grace Home Design · Mer info
  • Anna Cowenhoven
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    That's the EXACT photo I was going off of as well. Love the way these two spaces work together in color/pattern.
  • Anna Cowenhoven
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Really digging the Rosa area rug, Kelly. Very much my style and absolutely agree on the matchy/matchy factor. Thanks to all of you for these great suggestions...
  • Anna Cowenhoven
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    What do you guys think of these? Too much geometric pattern?
  • Nora Lambert
    11 år sedan
    I like Sphinx's third option and also the one from Crate and barrel.
  • dave
    11 år sedan
    We have a similar layout and strikingly similar rug. We decided to do a gray and silver threaded shag in the living room, complementary colors (silver is subdued) but distinct textural difference...and a neighboring "mostly solid" works very well
  • dave
    11 år sedan
    It was: Rugs USA Keno Viva Shag Metallic Beige Rug
    It looks outstanding in person and loads of great feedback from visitors, and its so plush
  • Jayme H.
    11 år sedan
    Just wondering what color your larger furniture pieces are and if you have draperys/window treatments in iivingroom already-if so..which of your colors are they all?
  • Anna Cowenhoven
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    No draperies at the moment - just dark wooden blinds. I have a light gray sofa, glass coffee table, chocolate leather wing back chair and two geometric pattern chairs that compliment the colors of the living room rug. And my dining set is a dark, espresso wood.
  • Jayme H.
    11 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 11 år sedan
    It sounds like a beautiful room! With the pattern in your chairs..and the pattern in the dining room rug, it could get tricky to add in another pattern into another rug without seeing it all, can u post some pics? Unless u go with something plain, that is.
  • Anna Cowenhoven
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    The think you all may be right on the solid option...maybe something textured? Since this is my formal dining space, I'm hoping for something a bit less casual than sisal. Here is a photo of the space - not the best as it's from my camera phone.
  • User
    11 år sedan
    What about an ombre? Your painting made me think of it. Not quite solid not quite patterned.
    Here's a link to a search
    http://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=Ombre
  • Jayme H.
    11 år sedan
    Yes..Yours spaces are very close too, so wondering if a solid would be better..You can always add more pattern into accessorizing if u feel it needs more.
  • wallysgirll
    10 år sedan
    IMHO, the Rosea area rug would work well with the lvgrm rug. The "agonski" rug on the left might work, too.
    10 år sedan
    agonski, they look great! What is the large gray one called at overstock? Seeing it in your room, it looks like the colors that would work for me. Great looking room!
  • Anna Cowenhoven
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    It is the Alexa Trellis rug in charcoal. It is more of a slate blue then a gray...just so you know!
  • Anna Cowenhoven
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    And the rug under the dining room table is Vines from West Elm.
    10 år sedan
    Thank you, very helpful!
  • PRO
    Carpet Image services inc.
    9 år sedan
    Really textured fiber rug with a wide tapestry binding , materials like sisal also have some patterns and some color fun and easy to work with other patterned rug borders in every color and some fabrics can be used!
  • eliseeeg
    9 år sedan
    Agonski, your room looks great! I am working on a furniture layout plan for a similar room, and I really like how yours turned out. Would you mind sharing the overall dimensions of the room, your couch and dining room table? And what size rugs did you buy? Thank you!
  • Anna Cowenhoven
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Hi there - I don't have dimensions of my room handy, but my sofa is the Park Sinclair from Bloomingdale's (sold out) 87"W X 41D" x 34"H, and my dining room table is similar to the Tuscany large dining table (Boston Interiors) 36"W x 72"D x 29.5"H (with extension). My rugs are 7'6" X 9'6" (living room) and 9" x 12" (dining room). Hope this helps!
  • Danielle Wallace
    9 år sedan
    What would go with this?! This is in my dining room and in my kitchen. Would like a large rug for living room and runners for 2 hallways. Suggestions??
  • PRO
    Harmony Realized
    9 år sedan
    Hi Danielle, if this rug is visible in the living room then I would tone down whatever you add in that room. Maybe pulling one or two colors with a simpler pattern. I love the pattern of this rug but it can be overpowering depending on the size of the rug vs. the size of the room and how many you have.
  • Patti
    7 år sedan
    Oh my goodness!!!! I have the same problem!! Just bought new furniture for our family room!! Trying to decide on rugs for our open floor plan!!!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.