emmelinewe

POLL: White or colourful towels - what do you prefer?

Emmeline Westin
7 år sedan

I prefer white towels in my bathroom, it goes with the scheme. We also have brown towels, but I'm less keen on those.

My mother on the other hand, is a fan of colourful towels. Blue, green, she's got them all.

What do you prefer? Do you stick to a specific colour or do you mix and match? Share your thoughts and frustrations below!

Kommentarer (24)

• PRO
    BigBathroomShop
    7 år sedan

Bright towels are a great way to add a pop of colour to a bathroom. But white or cream towels add a little luxury.

• PRO
    AG Interiors
    7 år sedan

white every time .....

• minnie101
    7 år sedan

Hi Emmeline. I normally prefer white for a luxurious look but i have branched out recently. Dark grey for guest towels (obviously not on show but I figured they'd stay looking good for longer). I'm also getting bored of the normal fluffy towel so would prefer hammam style or something with linen etc but in grey or/and white. I have however just painted my bathroom in railings and have added really cheap grass green textured towels (from ikea!) which I'm quite liking at the moment!

• Emmeline Westin
    Författare
    7 år sedan

I love hammam towels! And they take hardly any space at all - you just gave me an idea Minnie!

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år sedan

Hello Emmeline,

I tend to have white towels but I also have a range of little hand towels from Habitat that were meant for the kitchen.. They are folded and stacked in piles for anyone wanting to use one. I don't like hand towels hanging or those little round rails.. I might at some point change to navy and a dark green to go with the bathroom : ))

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år sedan

Hello Minnie,

How are you? Haven't heard from you in a long time.. Glad to hear you went for the dark look in the bathroom then.. : ))

• minnie101
    7 år sedan

Hi AJ. I'm good thanks. How are you? I acquired a 5l tin of railings for free so i thought I may as well paint the room in that and then the decision was made for me rather than spend another few months deliberating various dark blue paints (or dark teals, greys or petrol blue!)

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år sedan

Ah very good Minnie, well enjoy it! :))

• Najeebah
    7 år sedan
    it depends on the overall design. white works great, but I like the white/ neutral walls and floor idea (maybe with art or a feature wall) and an array of happy bright towels. yes, I'm a kid at heart
  • PRO
    RA design studio
    7 år sedan

As an interior decorator its my job to help my client discover what they like but I must admit I like a combination of both, I work with a beautiful designer from Turkey that has the most exquisite hand woven towels that are neutral in colour but the most wonderful patterns in subtle pale tones. I find these work in most bathrooms. www.ladybughome.co.uk if you would like to take a look.

• Ruth M
    7 år sedan
    I envy other peoples striking coloured towels, but I've always stuck to crisp white towels, boil washed and hung in the sun, mostly for hygiene. Poor dye towels wouldn't age well with that treatment!

Im intrigued what Your bathroom redec is like Minnie101- have you a pic?! :)
  • ShellbyFay
    7 år sedan

We will have white towels in our bathroom with an equal share of either grey or orange to go with the bathroom colour scheme. I do prefer white towels though, they feel so luxurious especially when they're still fluffy! But coloured towels are a great way to add a pop of colour in a potentially plain bathroom.

• PRO
    Josefina
    7 år sedan

White for sure! Just having had a shower, I feel the white reflects the freshness of what you want to feel :)

• PRO
    Geyser Radiators
    7 år sedan

I think it depends entirely on what the towel sits next to. We offer a large selection of colours and styles, so for example alongside one of our brightly coloured bespoke Cirtowelo models, a white towel would most likely provide a very visually pleasing contrast.

• iolosdad
    7 år sedan

the only family member in our house with a coloured towel and thats the dog !

• gilliifer
    7 år sedan

We have a vintage pink bathroom suite. Have painted the room in pale pink and white with black accessories and towels. With touches of sparkle.

• Kate
    7 år sedan
    It has to be white...easy to clean.
  • rainydaysuzy
    7 år sedan

With my mucky husband, I'd be washing white towels 10 times a day!

• Daisy England
    7 år sedan
    A different colour for each room to coincide with the decor.
  • Sally Maguire-Symonds
    7 år sedan
    I like to swank it up or down with the towels, so I have plain in a number of colours, white and striped. Sometimes I mix and match with striped bath towels and then pulling out one of the stripe colours for the hand towels. Against the backdrop of my plain walls it provides a splash of colour and interest.
  • pinkdisney
    7 år sedan

We have a we have a neutral bathroom that we can change in an instant just by changing from white towels to fuschia pink or electric blue or even sea green or whatever colour I fancy makes life so interesting

• Joanna Biddolph
    7 år sedan

I have two sets for each of the three bedrooms so couples staying can easily tell which towels are whose. They match or blend with the decor of the bedroom and the bathroom/shower room. I love colourful towels and I love colourful patterned towels even more. They can be hard to find and when I find them, I buy.

• PRO
    Anne Curtis Interior Design
    7 år sedan
    I've always had coloured towels but have switched to white as I'm fed up having to replace towels after they have become marked/bleached from various bathroom products, particularly toothpaste and hand wash!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.