michelemjackson

Who do I need a builder, interior designer, who?

Michele
7 år sedan

I LOVE the location of my house but I HATE the flow of the house. It is congested and just cramped. The kitchen, bathroom, and stairs are directly in the middle of the house and chop everything up.
I need ideas on how to make this flow better, what is the best route, etc. However, I do not know who to ask? If I reach out to a designer - do they do a free quote, etc?
I feel lost but know something needs to be done. HELP, please.

Kommentarer (3)

• PRO
    Alisha Taylor Interiors
    7 år sedan

You first need a plan and the details to go with that plan...it's like asking someone to quote you the cost of a new car but yet they don't know any specifics like do you want a decked out Royals Royce or a simple Volkswagen? You first need to ask yourself if you are committed to the project and what is your budget. You will invest on average $3k - $20k just to get to the point where the details are specific and the plan is in place so you can get accurate bids. Your best move is to get a team in place...builder who specializes in remodeling, an interior designer and an architect to draft the plans. I would suggest starting with the builder or the interior designer. Find one you like and then lean on them for the other people in your team. If they've worked successfully with others that says volumes and you should definitely consider that. Good luck!

• PRO
    Innovative Builders Inc
    7 år sedan

Architects usually don't give you a free in home consultation. Builders who offer design and build are best bet for you. Some builders do charge a consultation / estimate fee and some don't

• User
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

No one works for free. If you want help, you will have to pay for it.

I'd suggest a real designer first. Not a decorator. Someone who has studied nuts and bolts and worked with an architect for larger projects. If you need to involve an architect, the referral will be easy. $500 up front to develop a space plan and $$ to help implement the plan for you, not involving construction might be what you need. Or, she might recommend a 50K plan involving taking down a wall, etc.

Improving flow might be easy, or might be impossible. You also need to know the limit of what you want to spend to improve things before you just think about moving. A 200K remodel and reconfiguration might give you exactly what you need, but if the house is only worth 200K, then you are not likely to consider that. If the house is 700K, it might be just the ticket.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.