lauren_wilson4020649

What type of area rug???

Lauren Wilson
7 år sedan
I'm clueless and tired from lugging samples around

Kommentarer (33)

• connie912
    7 år sedan
    It's a beautiful room with bland decor! Bring it to life with a coffee table that's metallic and glass not brown wood. Under the coffee table add a rug with a large design or woven pattern even if you feel you must stay with a neutral color.
  • Elle
    7 år sedan

A simple, light-colored rug would look great in the space.

• connie912
    7 år sedan
    In taking a second look, the furniture looks slightly crowded. Push the chairs a little further back toward fireplace but still within conversation distance.
  • Lauren Wilson
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Thanks! Furniture not changing just a rug :)
  • Lauren Wilson
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Ideas
  • PRO
    Arlene Best Interiors
    7 år sedan

You could use a 7x9 area rug by the looks of it, I would suggest a Capel rug called Villandry, it's 100% wool hand knotted, I would go with the cream version, beautiful rug, it!s a traditional rug with a modern take, the colours are taupes, greys, Browns and rust tones .You can find it at Goettlers furniture in Dublin Ont.

• havingfun
    7 år sedan

let me try.

Area Rugs : Indoor Designer, Square & Round Rugs | Pier 1 Imports · Mer info

Calla Mosaic Rugs | Pier 1 Imports · Mer info

5x8 Mirage Rugs | eSaleRugs · Mer info

8 5 Area Rugs | Rugs Direct · Mer info

• groveraxle
    7 år sedan

Light shag:

• PRO
    Q Design Services
    7 år sedan
    I think groveraxle's examples are great, particularly numbers one and two. They both mirror the pattern on the couch and will lighten the space well. You could introduce a touch of blue in the pattern to reflect the colours in the furniture and cushions. You could also go a bit bigger than the ones shown as this will make the space look larger and 'ground' the furniture.
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7 år sedan

Here are a few reasonably priced rugs from Overstock that will work with your colors and finishes.

• Lauren Wilson
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Grover where is the fourth one from?
  • Lauren Wilson
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Also how am I able to see some of the rugs I picked placed in the room? What app
    Does this? Thanks everyone
  • groveraxle
    7 år sedan

Lauren, all the rugs I put in your room are from West Elm.

I use Photoshop to put them in your room, but if you post the rugs you picked--or even better, post links to them--here, I'll install them in the room for you.

• groveraxle
    7 år sedan

Here is the link to the last rug I rendered above: http://www.westelm.com/products/bedouin-shag-kilim-rug-t2580/?pkey=crugs-flooring%7C4294963737&group=1&sku=790571

And here are the three you asked for:

• cramps36
    7 år sedan
    Lovely room. I think bring in some blue in an area rug since your artwork and pillows have shades of blue. I love the neutral yet classic feel you've achieved so far. BTW how do you like your armchairs? Are they from Joss & Main? I've had my eye on chairs like those but was wondering if they are as comfortable as they look.
  • Dawn Y
    7 år sedan
    I kinda like the 3rd boo boo from Grover. I do also think the idea of replacing that wood coffee table with something with a bit more bling or punch would really really make a difference. Grover is great at that too
  • avilla98
    7 år sedan

Here are a few more suggestions - from Serena & Lily, Room & Board and Crate & Barrel (rugs 3-4)

• avilla98
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Also, FWIW, just in case you would you consider something in a red/orange (with still a bit of blue in the pattern). These are from Room & Board and Crate & Barrel, respectively.

• Lauren Wilson
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Thanks everyone! The chairs are from wayfair. They aren't great. Both are slightly defective and wayfair told me to keep them and they refunded my money.
  • Lauren Wilson
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    I like the light color to lighten room up but my accent chairs are a light gray. Thinking ivory is clashing with gray should I be looking for a light rug that's more towards gray?
  • PRO
    Solid Rock Landscape
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

I really like this color to brighten up the room. I think a off blue that separates from the blue you already have will totally pop. Try a fur rug like the one pictured. That would be really nice.

• havingfun
    7 år sedan

Dark Gray 5' x 8' Restoration Rug | Area Rugs | eSaleRugs · Mer info

8x10 Blue Rugs | eSaleRugs - Page 13 · Mer info

Cream 5' x 8' Mirage Rug | Area Rugs | eSaleRugs · Mer info

Jaipur Rugs Fables Valiant Area Rug - Area Rugs at Hayneedle · Mer info
    yum i could do this all day!

• Lauren Wilson
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Having fun thanks! Where are they from?
  • groveraxle
    7 år sedan

Crate and Barrel's Alvarez in garden and mineral:

• havingfun
    7 år sedan

first 3 esale, last hayneedle

• Lauren Wilson
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    So far this is my favorite. I hope it's gray over cream
  • havingfun
    7 år sedan

woah! i give.

• Lauren Wilson
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Thoughts on this sample?
  • Lauren Wilson
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Havingfun I am a very boring person and scared of color. I love all the samples you showed I am just too chicken to get it BC I'm worried I will want to change my room accent colors in a week lol
  • havingfun
    7 år sedan

ok no to the color, but you really can't be happy unless you look like everyone else

? i do not do that rug anymore.

• PRO
    Q Design Services
    7 år sedan
    So many choices now Lauren! As a bit of steerage, you need to consider that area rugs and your furniture are big purchases and not something you will want to change very often. They can be major focal points for your room now, and in future rooms. Updating wall colours and accessories are much easier to do as your tastes change or new trends emerge. I suggest sticking with a grey (or grey/beige) with a smallish pattern that isn't too bold as your furniture has lots of detail already and then you won't overwhelm the room. By keeping it subtle you can enjoy it for many years to come in different rooms and new homes.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.