grahamandjan38

built in bath or freestanding?

Jan Longton
7 år sedan

Building a home and planning the bathrooms. Both baths will sit along wall under window. I am not sure I like the idea of having space behind the wall and bath. What extra measurements would I need to take into account with a built in bath? Thanks

Kommentarer (4)

• PRO
    Creative Style Interior Design
    7 år sedan

While freestanding baths are on trend you need to ensure there is enough space at the back and sides to easily reach the floor to clean both by hand and with a broom and mop. I would allow about 150mm or 6 inches on rear and each side to comfortably fit an arm. Built in baths can sit directly between walls if you get a bath with the right edge (tell the supplier if you are doing this) however they look more luxurious if there is a tile or stone surround on some or all of the bath edges. It really depends on how much space in the bathroom you can allocate for the bath. In terms of the bath size itself I would recommend a minimum of 1500mm (5ft) long but if you want to lie down go for 1700mm (about 5ft 7inches) long.

Master Bathroom · Mer info

• scottevie
    7 år sedan

Have you seen the 'back to wall' freestanding baths. Gives you the look of a freestanding bath frontt He front and sides but takes away the potential issues from having a small gap at the back.

• PRO
    Creative Style Interior Design
    7 år sedan

Back to wall freestanding baths solve the access for cleaning issue at the rear. However you still need some free space at both ends.

• PRO
    AQVA - Luxury Baths & Spas
    7 år sedan

Hi Jan

We get asked about this all the time as people assume that a freestanding bath will simply be too heavy to move around for cleaning purposes.

To make cleaning manageable, our baths and spas are manufactured using Gelcoat composite construction which is extremely strong yet not overly heavy (5mm thickness to ensure structural rigidity and increased thermal properties).

This allows most people to easily slide the bath out from the wall for easy cleaning access.

I hope that helps with your dilemma!

Regards,

Brad
    AQVA Luxury Baths & Spas

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.