lhall24

I am remodeling our master bathroom. Should I do polished Chrome or polished nickel fixtures? The granite is W

lhall24
11 år sedan
Large bathroom his vanity on on side mine on the other and large spa tub in corner. We also have cathedral ceilings, large shower and toilet room.

Kommentarer (44)

• jumpypooh
    11 år sedan
    Great choice of natural stone. My vote is for polished nickel.
  • lastplace
    11 år sedan
    I personally like the brushed nickle but it really depends on the lights and the taps that you choose. If you choose chrome for them, I would then use chrome pulls I like your choices, it is very spa like
  • lhall24
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    That is a brushed nickel knob. I will probably do dark bronze knobs or whatever faucet finish. I don't mine mixing up the finishes, I think it makes it more interesting.
  • lhall24
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Rebecca Robeson!! You are my idol, I love your style! Thank you for your input. I know the present knobs are crap and I do plan to replace them.
    Thanks to all of you for your help!
  • julielen
    11 år sedan
    I think brushed finishes are more practical for looking clean. Shiny fixtures get lots of soap scum, etc showing on them. So, I'd prefer brushed finishes on the fixtures. Knobs are cheap and can be swapped out anytime...
  • backbonemountain
    11 år sedan
    Brushed.
  • PRO
    McCabe By Design LLC
    11 år sedan
    I bet for brushed nickel, as long as you plumbing fixtures are also brushed nickel.
  • libradesigneye
    11 år sedan
    Polished nickel. It is a higher end option and looks it, since the rest of your elements seem high end, go for it.
  • Amy Stanley
    11 år sedan
    I prefer the brushed nickel. I find it warmer, if you want a cooler look then go polished.
  • pengy18
    11 år sedan
    what's the name of your granite?
  • lhall24
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    I think it is White Springs.i can answer definitely on Monday. I have Delicatis White in my kitchen and was looking for something like it but softer.
  • pengy18
    11 år sedan
    Thanks! I have to change my counter top (See my discussion) after installation. Unfortunately now I have to spend more on it.. I have a softer grey floor tile.
  • PRO
    CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
    11 år sedan
    Chrome is too blue grey for this stone. You need the nickel.
  • lhall24
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Hi Pengy, The name of the granite is Delicatus White.
  • PRO
    Rhonda Chen Interior Design Details
    11 år sedan
    I'm with Robeson Design. Polished nickel is classic and beautiful!
  • lhall24
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Thanks Rhonda! Can you tell me the color of paint that rebecca used on the walls of the San Diego remodlel where the added on to the upstairs and made an enormous master suite?
  • PRO
    Alford Homes
    11 år sedan
    U will get a cool gold tone with the nickel. Great look and a much richer look. GregA@AlfordHomes.com
  • PRO
    Debra Gunstanson
    11 år sedan
    That is the stone I have polished chrome looks great
  • lhall24
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    I ordered all my fixtures today in the polished nickel also did the cross handles! Thanks
  • PRO
    Robeson Design
    11 år sedan
    @lhall24 Thats awesome. Hope all the feedback helped :-) FYI when Rhonda Chen Interior Design Details replied that she was with me, she meant figuratively. She does not work for me....LOL. I can see why you would think otherwise. I think Rhonda meant she agreed with me on my recommendation. To that end, she would not know the paint color I used in the Master Bedroom remodel... but I do ..LOL., It's Vintage Pewter CSP-110 by Benjamin moore. Good luck :-)
    Might I suggest, you "Follow me" here on hOUZZ ;-)
  • PRO
    Debra Gunstanson
    11 år sedan
    I used brushed nickel on all faucet s it's clean and gives it a pop u have so many people with many diff views :)
  • lhall24
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    LOL,,Thank you so much! I will definitely follow you with pleasure!! I'm thinking that color would look good in the bathroom. I LOVED what you did to that house!
  • PRO
    Robeson Design
    11 år sedan
    @lhall24, I think so too :-) good luck hon... I think its going to turn out beautiful and very spa like ...YAY,
    RR
    PS have you seen the video I uploaded today to my RobesonDesign YouTube channel? Its the first of 5 videos on the project we just completed in So. Cal... ENJOY :-)
  • lhall24
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Another amazing job! Can't wait to see the rest!!!
  • PRO
    Mega Builders
    11 år sedan
    Both finishes would work.
    What else is going on in this bathroom? What's the enclosure hardware finish? The windows? The door handles?
    As it's a matter of taste - yours, there are no 'rights' or 'wrongs'.
    Whatever looks right to YOU is the correct answer!
    Good luck!
  • Alex511
    11 år sedan
    Rebecca, I don't know if you'll check back here, but I'd love to know who makes the dining room chairs. This reveal is gorgeous!
  • PRO
    Robeson Design
    11 år sedan
    @alex511, Thank you. The dining room chairs as well as the table are from Kravet. Kravet is best known as a fabric supplier for the Design trade. A lot of people don't realize they have furniture pieces as well. There are going to be 5 videos in total of this home so be sure to check back for the rest. Kitchen and Family room are pretty AMAZING... Colors are outrageous! ;-)RR
  • Alex511
    11 år sedan
    I know Kravet! I wanted to ask you a question. Should I use the e-mail address on your website to contact you? I cannot wait to see the additional videos. You are a natural before the camera.
  • PRO
    Robeson Design
    11 år sedan
    @alex511, yes, you can reach me through my website. Thanks for the nice compliment. I appreciate it.RR
  • aniluap2
    11 år sedan
    I love the look of ploshed nickel and have used that in my own bathroom it is a warmer silver color than chrome. The only draw back is that it does spot. If that bothers you you will have to use a metal polish periodically to clean. In my kitchen I used a brushed nickel and it definitely spots less.
  • lhall24
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    I want to thank everyone for their input...it has been sooo helpful in making my decisions. The tile is in next will be the granite, sinks and faucets. I still have to pick mirrors and light fixtures for above the mirrors. I wish I could do sconces but we have cathedral ceilings and need more direct lighting. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We have 2 vanities each about 55" long.
  • PRO
    Robeson Design
    11 år sedan
    @lhall24, Its been fun. I don't usually have or take the time to be involved in these chats. It's interesting to get peoples takes on the same issue. My mother always said... theres more than one way to skin a cat! I suppose that phrase would be politically incorrect these days, however the point remains. So many people... so many opinions. I'm glad it was helpful for you. I might have found it more confusing. Kind of like asking your friends and everyone has a different opinion. I guess you just need to go with the one who's taste best aligns with yours. ;-) Be sure to post a picture once Its completed.
    Best, RR
  • lhall24
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    You are so right ! In the end you have to live with it. I just finished...well you are never "finished" ....with our den. We had an old bookcase unit that housed a small TV. It was oak and I had it painted a flat black. It turned pretty good. One pic was right before our Super Bowl party so excuse the tip board in front of fireplace.
    Thanks again, I am extremely honored that you took the time to comment. Linda
  • PRO
    Robeson Design
    11 år sedan
    @lhall24, smart re-use of out of date OAK furniture !!!! I like the geometric print window treatments in bottom right photo....Great job, you have nice taste ;-) RR
  • PRO
    Robeson Design
    11 år sedan
    @lhall24, BTW... hope its not too presumptuous in this format but I just uploaded the second video of the home we completed recently. Its of the Kitchen and Family room. You might find some more helpful ideas and inspiration :-)
  • lhall24
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    That turned out great! I love the colorful pillows. The kitchen is beautiful! My old den all in jewel tones so when I did the new den I went very neutral.....but that can change very easily. My curtains were new so they are tied together on the bottom, trying to "train" them to hang straight and not flare out.
  • PRO
    Interiors International, Inc.
    11 år sedan
    Either one looks great!
  • Darlene Cere_Brayton
    11 år sedan
    I have polished nickel and love it, it has a very rich luster. But be careful it looks very different depending on the brand, don't mix.
  • Dale Hadley
    7 år sedan

I prefer polished chrome. Maybe it's just my water but satin spots easily and a simple wipe on polished looks beautiful

• annlandy
    6 år sedan

Any thoughts about durability? Do polished nickel fixtures look good after a few years?

• PRO
    Rhonda Chen Interior Design Details
    6 år sedan

This year I would say, polished nickel, yes. Brushed nickel, no. Polished chrome, yes. A polished nickel finish is luxurious, timeless and warm. Polished chrome finish is great for a more modern look and also adds sparkle to the room.

• Darlene Cere_Brayton
    6 år sedan
    I have polished nickel and love it, it’s like jewelry!
  • saratogaswizzlestick
    6 år sedan

I had no idea Rebecca Robeson was on here. I am a huge fan and love all her You Tube videos. Now I can follow her here too. :)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.