oaklandish1

Ceiling color ?

oaklandish1
7 år sedan

Am going for Spanish medditereanean look. My question is should I paint beams chocolate and the roof slats white like the walls?

Kommentarer (9)

• Geneviève
    7 år sedan

You have a lot of wood there ,I wouldn't paint the whole ceiling dark but rather like this one

White Brick Mediterranean · Mer info

• Geneviève
    7 år sedan

Attic Escape · Mer info

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7 år sedan

The color of this wood ceiling below would be more typical for a Spanish style home. Painting the ceiling chocolate would be WAY TOO DARK. Could you consider removing some of the current finish on the ceiling?

I think it's also OK to whitewash the wood ceiling

A taupewash would be OK also.

• PRO
    Simply Put Interiors
    7 år sedan

Yes, but be aware the chocolate beams will really draw your eye up.

• PRO
    Color Zen
    7 år sedan

Depends on how dominant you want this to be... All of the above suggestions are good :)

• PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    7 år sedan

You have great design taste, I would suggest only painting the beams if you have your heart set on painting anything; I think it looks great as it is. IT looks like your fireplace is painted, would you consider changing it up with a bright accent color? Also, I love how you put your plants on top of your shelving...great idea.

• nickandcindy72
    7 år sedan

When we repainted our interior we had all the ceilings match the walls, ( a light tan) with just a bit of white added. And I hate it. The ceilings feel too heavy. And some of my rooms have tall ceilings without beams, but still feel heavy and dark. Use caution to not make the ceiling feel darker than the walls.

• Geneviève
    7 år sedan

My honest opinion is ,the ceiling is very nice and it also has a lot of wood beams ,if you were to paint them in a brown it would look too busy ,keep it one colour only ,I would say yes if you only had a few beams to paint,just like the ideas that I posted above.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.