hzdeleted_3803862

Looking paint color ideas for condo.

User
7 år sedan
Walls are currently beiges brown. Just bought new furniture and want to wake it up a bit. Want to make it feel serene and a bit beach feel but with a cool vibe. Not sure what color to start with. Also, do I go with a dark rug or light one to center my seating area.

Kommentarer (15)

• Architectural Notice
    7 år sedan

I would suggest a dark gray rug.

• PRO
    Carol Jean
    7 år sedan
    Every thing is light maybe a contrast of dark grey or just do one feature wall or go light all over with bolder artwork
  • spraguec
    7 år sedan
    If you desire a beachy-vibe I would find a rug that is modern with blues and greens, some white and a touch of gray to pull from all your neutrals.
  • User
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Thank you
  • User
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Hi!

If you want a more beachy vibe I think you need to add color to the room. I would suggest you work with textiles(pillows, blanket) in turquiose and orange. Also switch color on your lamp shades and use colorful flowers.

A striped rug or a sisal will be a great match to a more beachy theme.

Hope this was helpful:-)!

• User
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Yeah that's what I would like to try and incorporate but I thought I should start with the wall color. Should I keep it light with whites? Or add a light blue green color to the wall?
  • User
    7 år sedan

Hi!

I do not see the need to change the wall color. I think it will work well with accents in turquoise and orange. Put some colorful artwork on the walls as well.

Hope this was helpful:-)!

• PRO
    Decorating Den Interiors - Gabriela Suarez
    7 år sedan

Hi! I love your new furniture, and I think the color on the walls work well no need to change it now. I like your pillows and would def work with them I would do a cool orange rug and change the lamps in the side tables to add color, also in the art work and a tray to place on top of the ottoman. Happy decorating!

• ateabug
    7 år sedan
    In addition to the others, having a lighter looking lamp option would help achieve beachiness.

I'd stay stick with your wall color unless you really like brights, in which case go with your blue idea. I like the orange and blue suggestions the other people gave, and think you could swap
    In eggplant if you get tired of beachy.
  • mefor
    7 år sedan

You could paint the ceiling in a very pale aqua, leave the walls the color they are now and bring in a few natural tones, sisal, seagrass, baskets, lighter feeling lamp, take away a few of the more formal looking pillows and replace with some more relaxed beachy ones.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Not loving the table lamps. I think you should reconsider using them.

If they are new and you need to keep them, buy a product at your hardware store which dulls the shiny brass and invest in new shades and finials.

Add these into Ti Fy's scheme.

16" Suede Hardback Lamp Shade, Salmon · Mer info

• Love Infinity
    7 år sedan
    maybe darker grey paint with some wallpaper that has sea blue designs and then buy sea blue pillows with some nice black glittery pillows
  • kjoy1
    7 år sedan

I like your new furniture. Where did you get it? Very pretty:) I like your current wall color as well. I think to get the serene beach vibe all you need to do is add some color and texture with art, rugs, pillows ect...

Andrada Art - Etsy

West Elm Bello Shag Rug

Beachy Colored Pillows - Etsy

West Elm Scribble Curtains - Blue Sage

• kjoy1
    7 år sedan

And maybe some lighter and brighter end tables and lamps.

Pier 1 Elana Nesting Tables

Pottery Barn Eva Seeded Glass Lamps

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.