jodyfos

Pitched V's gabel roof for car port?

Jody Foster
7 år sedan
Design dilemma. Pitched v's gable roof for car port? Or to match the roof or the portico? Note the house colours will be white boards, with dark grey trims

Kommentarer (13)

• LesleyH
    7 år sedan
    I like the gable.
  • Hilde Gard
    7 år sedan

Go for pitched, it looks neater and coordinates with all your other rooflines. Are you going for a Spanish-Style? I am looking at what appears to be little awnings over the windows.

• PRO
    MB Design & Drafting
    7 år sedan

Gable to carport. Add some feature battens to the gable ends.

The hip roofs that are almost square always seem very bland to me.

• John Henson
    7 år sedan
    Definitely the hip roof lines like the house. You don't want to draw the attention to your carport by using a different building technique. I am bias thought, I really don't like gable roof design, it looks cheap.
  • PRO
    Sharpdesign
    7 år sedan
    well, probably a hip is best but you should really review this from a view at street level, not high like this.

you also need to think carefully about the relationship of the carport to the corner of the house, ie the window and eaves line there.. it might be better to leave a decent gap , say 2 metres... and accept a smaller carport... don't rule out a flat foof.. it will be visually more discrete and won't compete with the house roofs... and make sure the support posts LOOK strong..
  • Pazz
    7 år sedan
    not a fan of gables either, so I personally prefer the pitched roof as well, and if you do end up going pitch, then I would also consider redesigning the porch roof as well to match, more in line with what's above the windows
  • Jody Foster
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Thank you all for responding, it's such a tough decision. It seems the majority of feedback is for the hip/pitched roof.
  • PRO
    50sqre
    7 år sedan
    Don't mean to throw a spanner in the works but how about a low profile skillion to match lower roof? A nice low profile tied in with the roof behind would look nice.
  • girlguides
    7 år sedan
    Gable else roof flatter so lower than window nearest as look like roof may block light but that may be illusion
  • Jody Foster
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    50square thanks for your comment. We feel a flat roof would make the second floor addition stand out too much.
  • PRO
    FDC Building Designs
    7 år sedan

How about a mix between the 2. I would personally go for the hipped roof however you may want to consider adding a dutch gable to top of roof for that little bit of feature work.

• Gioenne Rapisarda
    7 år sedan

I think keeping the motif of the house looks more cohesive!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.