sly_calado

Dark or light countertops for this vintage kitchen

sly_calado
7 år sedan
senast redigerad:7 år sedan

Totally stuck on what to do with my counters. I decided to repaint the original wood cabinet in this 1950's kitchen. I chose "simple white" from Benjamin Moore and I love them! Also decided on white appliances as I have a large window that brings in tons of light. So wanted to keep things light and airy. But stuck on what colour to do the counters. Would you go light or bring in contrast with dark?

Kommentarer (6)

• mramsey
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Not sure how vintage you want to be, but to my eye the vintage style "ice" laminate that one often saw on kitchen tables of the is era would be fun. I would go with red..but there are less bold colour options. I think the key vintage detail with this style would be the metal trim. You could also tune into that vibe without committing totally with kitchen chairs of the era:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/91972017364077588/

http://foter.com/explore/retro-kitchen-chairs

If you are feeling less adventurous, maybe go for stainless steel or butcher block and add the colour in accessories (for the record-ABG ...anything but granite!)

• cpaul1
    7 år sedan

Light. I hate dark countertops.

• creative6938
    7 år sedan

I would stick to light colors. Creams seem to be what you would like most. If you'd like a little bit of color I would recommend a light salmon pink or a light mint color.

• PRO
    Alison Powers Color Consultant
    7 år sedan

Either white or black would look good. If you choose white, make sure it's the same white as your cabinets. Consider laminate countertops — affordable, and very appropriate for your vintage kitchen. In any case, I would install a white subway tile backsplash (all the way to the countertop, without the 4" lip). This will give you a classic white kitchen, allowing you to easily change wall color and accessories. Treat yourself to an adorable Smeg toaster in a fun color!

• PRO
    American Kitchen Concepts Inc
    7 år sedan

A big trend today in the kitchen industry is white cabinets with white or white/gray counters. I love Cambria Brittanicca. Its a striking pattern, if you want to calm it down a bit try its sister pattern Cambria Ella. There are so many whites and grays today. If you are brave then consider Carrara Marble. You will have some maintenance and potential for staining and scratching because its marble but its becoming more and more popular in the kitchen and a bit less than the quartz products that emulate it.

Good luck!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.