sadiya

Large tiles in small bathroom

sadiya
7 år sedan
We are planning to do our bathroom and love the idea of large tiles. The size is about 2.4m X 1.7m. Would 30x90 cm tiles look OK in the space? Thank you!

Kommentarer (12)

• Brid Farnan
    7 år sedan
    Bigger tiles should give the effect of more space so I'd say go ahead and use them. All the best. B
  • PRO
    AT Design
    7 år sedan

There is a problem with using larger tiles in that you may end up with more off-cuts and therefore more wasted tiles. I would suggest that you go with the same floor and wall tile with a matching grout colour which will give a spacious effect.

• PRO
    P & P Maintenance Services
    7 år sedan

If you like them, then do it! Its your house!!

• sadiya
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Thank you for your replies! Karen it's porcelanosa. I was finding it hard to visualise what it would look like in a small space! P&P :) you're totally right! Just wish I was more decisive!
  • sadiya
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Lottie, that's really helpful. Bathroom looks beautiful!! I'm sold!! :)
  • Brid Farnan
    7 år sedan
    Lottie that's my dream bathroom!!
  • lottiefenwick
    7 år sedan

That is very kind of you both. Thank you so much! Sadiya, just to let you know, I purchased the tiles in Porcelanosa's June sale at 40% off and I quizzed the staff about when the next sale would be as I have a few more bathrooms to do. They said that they usually have another sale in September, although they are never told dates until they happen (probably because of customers like me!). Every year they always seem to have a sale then, so to keep my eye open to order my next lot. Just thought I would mention it in case you wanted to take a chance and wait few weeks to get a discount!

• sadiya
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Oh exactly what I'm planning! :)
  • PRO
    Stone & Ceramic Warehouse
    7 år sedan

Hi Sadiya, 30x90 cm is a really good linear size tile and can help the room feel wider. We have white tiles in this size, but we also have many tiles in 60x120cm (http://www.stoneandceramicwarehouse.co.uk/products) and even 75x150cm (perugian stone http://www.stoneandceramicwarehouse.co.uk/stone/floors/item/perugian-stone-argento), hope this helps!

• PRO
    User
    7 år sedan

Hi,

I do like big tiles, they give a more modern appearance.

A few words of caution.

1 They can crack if not fully supported, you may need an anti crack matting.

2 Very heavy to hang on the walls, may be worth fixing Wedi board to the walls first to add grip / adhesion.

3 Be careful putting large tiles on the shower floor, can be very slippy !!!... change to a mosaic here or cut the large tile to smaller sections to add grip.

Hope that helps,

Martin

• PRO
    Stone & Ceramic Warehouse
    7 år sedan

If in doubt regarding how slippery they are...just ask for an antislip rating from who you get the tiles from, they will be able to advise!

Angel Martin Interiors - check out our large porcelain tiles, they are getting more and more popular now, and weigh the same per sqm as they are still only 10mm thick-the same as say 30x60, love your page too btw!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.