emmelinewe

The Barbican - too brutal or too beautiful?

Emmeline Westin
7 år sedan
senast redigerad:7 år sedan

The Barbican centre and estate divide opinion - even in the Houzz office. Some are fascinated by its brutal look, others think it's an eyesore.

What do you think?

If you want to see some of the flats, have a look at these on Houzz!

Too brutal!
It's beautiful!
Other - tell us!

Kommentarer (10)

• PRO
    Banda Property
    7 år sedan

I don't think you can underestimate its architectural importance. We did a lovely feature on it in on journal - http://bandaproperty.co.uk/2016/06/10/news-and-events/the-barbican-londons-monument-to-brutalism 

• Fred Wonder
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Let's see...what's the opposite of beautiful?. Oh that's right, really, really, soul-destroyingly UGLY!

• rosie42
    7 år sedan

Hate it! Reminds me of the characterless sink estates where no residence has an identity. Grey and ugly.

• Mrs G
    7 år sedan
    I agree with Kate. I too have done the architectural tour and it's fabulous, it shows the area in a different light to just looking st its "brown" state. It's beautifully designed especially the different tower angles!
  • User
    7 år sedan

Looks way too much like the Battery Cages poor chickens are kept in for my liking. I think GRIM sums it up quite nicely.

• raquel1206
    7 år sedan
    Beyond vile!
  • Liz Moor
    7 år sedan
    I hate the outside, but the interiors are fab - a friend of mine used to live there and they are really well thought out
  • gracenoted
    7 år sedan

I love it. I've been inside a couple of the apartments and they've been designed for living, really thinking about what works and supplying it with thought and beauty. If I could live in a home on the Barbican, I would.

• PRO
    KIND Interiors & Exteriors
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Brutalist architecture is like marmite, not a fan - it's creates an atmosphere for antisocial behaviour. The concrete structure will need to be softened with plants.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.