kchadden

What Kind of Coffee Table Do I Need?

kchadden
7 år sedan

Hi all, I need assistance in choosing a coffee table for my living room and I'm completely stuck. As you can see from the pics, my living room has a mix of styles of pieces in there (which I am trying to balance), and everything is pretty light except for the credenza. (Also ignore the rug - the size/orientation needs to change...and the golf clubs...and the mantle, that's not finished...)

So I'm thinking a rectangular or round coffee table (tried square, it blocked the flow), and probably something relatively light like gold with glass, or like a waterfall glass coffee table...or maybe stone b/c I have some natural elements in there...or white? Clearly I'm all over the place, hence why I'm stuck. I'm also not averse to doing things like removing the ottomans, or changing the pillows, etc. etc. etc. so that the coffee table can work.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Kommentarer (18)

• Shelly Zap
    7 år sedan

very gorgeous room! I think you could go a few different ways with this and it doesn't look like a huge amount of space between couch and chairs when entering the room so perhaps a rectangular shape that isn't too wide, oval or even a couple smaller tables that can be moved around that have an interesting design. I would avoid white or beige. Agree with your ideas of glass with some metal or something natural (but not heavy looking).

Here are some pics I found that show some general ideas:

Bonnet Shores Beach House · Mer info

Traditional Living Room · Mer info

Living Room · Mer info

Chelsea Pied-a-Terre · Mer info

Huntington Beach · Mer info

Shari Misturak of IN Studio & Co. Interiors · Mer info

kchadden thanked Shelly Zap
  • Shelly Zap
    7 år sedan

It looks like your floor lamp has a different metal tone to the gold so you could work that into the table (pic #3 above)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 år sedan

IMO you do not have space for a coffee table maybe just some bent glass nesting tables at the end of the sofa to use as needed

kchadden thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • lbcnu
    7 år sedan

Since you have a number of mid-century elements in the room I would suggest that you consider a kidney shaped coffee table.

kchadden thanked lbcnu
  • Jan
    7 år sedan
    I can't find a picture, but something long and narrow. Either an acrylic or rustic wood.
    kchadden thanked Jan
  • PRO
    Nandina Home & Design
    7 år sedan

Really great room. Here are a few ideas we pulled together from pictures of our designs.

Old Meets New Build · Mer info

Historic School House Apartment · Mer info

Woodside Model Home · Mer info

kchadden thanked Nandina Home & Design
  • calidesign
    7 år sedan

I think you have two options. First, a very narrow, rectangular glass coffee table. Or, you could use an end table on the closest side of the sofa in the photo, and use a fairly small, round glass coffee table centered on the farthest 2/3 of the sofa- more like end table size That way you have a table for each space, but retain more of a walkway. The furry ottoman can switch sides to the other chair.

kchadden thanked calidesign
  • Kris Mays
    7 år sedan

I like your rug. I think you need a bit more texture with pillows in there. And a coffee table like this, maybe.

I've been admiring these from IKEA. There is another MCM there, too, but it's too large for your space.

kchadden thanked Kris Mays
  • kjoy1
    7 år sedan
    Have you seen this wood and marble table from Target? I think it is low and small enough that you could align 2 in front of your couch and use it as a coffee table or separate them and have one on either side of the couch or one at each chair acting as an end table. Dimensions: 14.000 inchesH x 24.000 inchesW x 16.000 inchesD
    kchadden thanked kjoy1
  • PRO
    Les Collections Dubreuil
    7 år sedan

Something Like this. Would répéat the bench foots and the Wood Would add à Nice accent.

kchadden thanked Les Collections Dubreuil
  • kjoy1
    7 år sedan

This one from West Elm is super cute too:)

kchadden thanked kjoy1
  • kchadden thanked Danielle Black
  • PRO
    Amanda Kempisty for Ethan Allen of WNY
    7 år sedan

I could see either of these in your space.

kchadden thanked Amanda Kempisty for Ethan Allen of WNY
  • Kris Mays
    7 år sedan

KJOY that is gorgeous!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 år sedan
    I like something like an oval because it is easy to get around in cozy spaces. Also like the two square metallic tables in the post from Shelly. The pair of "pull up" tables provide a lot of flexibility and ease of use.
    kchadden thanked Flo Mangan
  • Samantha Biba
    7 år sedan
    The coffee table needs to meet your family needs. If you choose glass or acrylic are there children who will drive you crazy with finger prints (or pups with nose prints)? A small oval shape will probably fit best.
    kchadden thanked Samantha Biba
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.