annie_lennox9967033

Looking at t he pros and cons of stone freestanding bath tubs

Annie Lennox
7 år sedan

Does any one have any ideas re free standing stone bath tubs We are going to build and would like one in the ensuite upstairs Any thoughts please

Kommentarer (13)

• bigreader
    7 år sedan
    From my vast experience watching The Block I know you need to be careful of the weight of the bath plus water in upstairs bathrooms.
    Annie Lennox thanked bigreader
  • hagan_38
    7 år sedan
    Yes I agree with asquithoatley. They look great but need to be away from walls otherwise cleaning will be a nightmare.
    Annie Lennox thanked hagan_38
  • User
    7 år sedan

I'm with you. I love them and without doubt would have one, if only I had the space. I considered having one recently- we've now got a built in bath. The dust, hair....all I was seeing was big mouldy hair tumble weeds hiding behind the bath!

Annie Lennox thanked User
  • Fiona
    7 år sedan
    I'm with the others, you need a decent amount of space all round for freestanding baths, this is coming from someone with a claw foot bath, which at least you can reach under to clean.
    Annie Lennox thanked Fiona
  • Annie Lennox
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thank you all for your comments Have taken it all on board We have the room and it will be placed away from any walls. It has also been factored into the specs of the building plans Thank you again for taking the time to reply

• hagan_38
    7 år sedan
    In that case enjoy it as it will be a beautiful future of your ensuite.
    Annie Lennox thanked hagan_38
  • PRO
    AQVA - Luxury Baths & Spas
    7 år sedan

Hi Annie

We get asked about the weight of freestanding baths all the time as people assume they will simply be too heavy to move around for cleaning purposes, which may be the case with a solid stone bath.

To make cleaning manageable, our baths and spas are manufactured using Gelcoat composite construction which is extremely strong yet not overly heavy (5mm thickness to ensure structural rigidity and increased thermal properties).

This allows most people to easily slide the bath out from the wall for easy cleaning access.

I hope that helps with your dilemma!

Regards,

Brad
    AQVA Luxury Baths & Spas

Annie Lennox thanked AQVA - Luxury Baths & Spas
  • macyjean
    7 år sedan

"as people assume they will simply be too heavy to move around for cleaning purposes"

I assumed the main obstacle to moving a modern bathtub is that it's attached to the drain?

• asquithoatley
    7 år sedan

Yes you can not move it too far as it is attached.

• PRO
    AQVA - Luxury Baths & Spas
    7 år sedan

Hi guys, an easy solution that we commonly recommend is simply by having a water catchment installed flush into the floor underneath the drain of the bath.
    When you release the water it flows directly down into the catchment and it provides the ability to move the bath for cleaning purposes, as it isn't actually connected to any plumbing.
    I hope that helps!
    Brad

• asquithoatley
    7 år sedan

Good to know AQVA

• becodwyer
    7 år sedan

We've got one square against the wall and it is a nightmare to clean around.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.