lindadrumbo

Feature Wall Colour

lindadrumbo
7 år sedan
Please can you help me choose a paint colour for a feature wall in my hall? The hall is painted white at the moment but I feel the large framed mirror is lost against it. The mirror frame is a pale chalky grey and the floor lamp beside it is black, floor tiles are grey. Our taste is modern and simplistic with clean lines and I would like a colour that is timeless. Many thanx!

Kommentarer (13)

• PRO
    INTERIORS:designed
    7 år sedan

Hi Linda. First of all, fantastic space and that mirror is gorgeous. As you have a fair bit of grey in the space already, I'd look at using a subtle, warmer toned colour which will work harmoniously with the mirror and floor lamp. Grey is a really versatile colour so there's a couple of different directions I can take you. You didn't say what your budget was so here's suggestions from different priced paint ranges.

1. Valspar (from B&Q): 'Haversham' or 'White Rabbit'. Warm toned whites with the merest hint of colour.

2. Farrow & Ball: Cornforth White. Subtle greige colour which works with most levels of light.

3. Zoffany: 'Quarter La Seine'. Muted, warm palest grey undershot with green. Classic colour which won't date.

Just as an after thought. Wondered if you'd thought about hanging the mirror horizontally on the wall to give the impression of more length in the space? You can baton it to the wall as suspect it's rather heavy! You could then either put a slim console table underneath it, or simply attach a wide shelf under the mirror to enable you to add some personal touches to the space such as artwork, photo's, plants etc. And maybe some sort of rug on the floor? The Hovslund from Ikea is a good cost effect option.

Good luck with the decorating.

Georgie

• minnie101
    7 år sedan

Hi Linda. There seems to be quite a few textured feature walls in your ideabook. Perhaps something like a shagreen wallpaper in a muted green or muted bronze? If you want to paint I might look at farrow and ball French grey or vert de terre without knowing what the rooms off the hall are decorated in

• lindadrumbo
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Hi Georgie
    Thanx for your help and advice. I've looked in my F&B colour book at cornforth. It's very similar to the colour of the mirror frame so I feel it would be lost on the wall. I will have to get colour charts to check out the other paints you suggested. I think I'm looking for something that will make the mirror & lamp 'pop'
    Re your suggestion about adding a console table etc...... we had one there and moved it when we bought this mirror! You know what it's like....... out shopping and come home with an oversized mirror and nowhere else to put it!!!
    I do like the minimalist look with a 'soft' edge so I feel the hall needs 'softening' up a bit.
    I love the house you did in Lisbon, its fresh and crisp with large pieces of interest.
    I'm including a night pic.
  • minnie101
    7 år sedan

Depending on the size you could alway try the console in front of the mirror. I've just picked this picture based on the mirror style rather than anything else. I love the splash of green which works so well with grey

• PRO
    INTERIORS:designed
    7 år sedan

Hi Linda. Love the night time shots. All moody and atmospheric with lovely puddles of soft light. Why don't you give me a call tomorrow and we can have a quick chat? Am sure it won't take long to nail down a colour. I have pretty much all the different paint charts so we can look 'together' at various options. I'm free 2-5pm. Georgie

• lindadrumbo
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Dear Dulux
    Thank you so much for your comments.
    I don't think I'm brave enough to go with the dark blue, wish I was!
    I downloaded the Visualiser App and what fun I've had with it!!!
    I could play around with it for hours!
    I'll let you know what I've decided and thanx again.
  • PRO
    Dulux Amazing Space
    7 år sedan

Hi Linda,

The visualizer app can become very addictive once you get
    started! Why not order a tester pot and try the blue on a piece of card first
    to see if you can gear yourself up to go all out!

Also we have recently launched our own range of Amazing
    Space paints, here is a link to the web page if you wanted to check out it out
    - https://paint.duluxamazingspace.co.uk/ If there are any colours that take your
    fancy, we have a promotional offer on at the moment, where you can order 3 free
    tester pots! Which may help you further in choosing the right colour for your
    space.

We also have a competition that might interest you which has just started today - 10 lucky Houzzers will win a free Dulux Amazing Space design consultation worth £75 and also £90 worth of Amazing Space paint for their project. To enter simply follow this link: [https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/home-and-garden-advice-dsbr0-bd~[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/share-your-design-dilemma-and-win-dulux-paint-dsvw-vd~4117356). I could then work in more detail on your project with you!

Kind regards

Rebecca

Dulux Design Expert

www.duluxamazingspace.co.uk

Beautiful Interior Design for Everyone

• PRO
    A-LAB Arch Marina Grasso
    7 år sedan

When I want an endless and important colour I use one of the three classic colours used in ancient noble buildings: bordeaux, dark green and mustard yellow. All of them will be right with the grey floor and would stand out the mirror

• PRO
    Ruth Turner Interior Design Ltd
    7 år sedan

I'd put a mustard yellow, such as Dulux Delhi Bazaar 4. It would really make the grey stand out. It would look great with white and will make the space feel bright and warm.

• joeybumdy
    7 år sedan

I love the dark blue idea too.

• Lisa Burdett
    7 år sedan
    I can see green working really well with your grey. A nice deep green with grey in it.
  • andreadsi
    7 år sedan
    Go F&B Stifkey Blue or Railings for a moody dramatic effect.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.