bellevuerosebay

Chandelier - recommendation welcomed!

Angie Lee
7 år sedan
senast redigerad:7 år sedan

Hi Aussie Houzzers! Does anyone have a recommendation for a cost effective chandelier for this piano room? This room is also the first room upon entering through the front door. We are trying to go for a "music parlor" feeling, so something grand would be nice. I like traditional designs, however something contemporary could work as well. I have a limited budget, however, so reality is that a smaller scale chandelier might be the only option... or possibly a candelabra on top of the piano if a chandelier is too expensive... Preferring something that will be "easy" to install (does such a thing even exist? )

Thanks!

Kommentarer (19)

• KK1000
    7 år sedan
    Some options
  • Angie Lee
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Hi Oskuee, thanks for the recommendations. I like the third one...

I quite enjoy the illusion of crystals like these but they are from America:

Could you send me the link to where I can purchase something like the third chandelier?

• KK1000
    7 år sedan
    It's from http://www.lumens.com/chandeliers/ , Meurice chandelier by Jonathan Adler about $1000.
  • PRO
    Sartorial Interiors
    7 år sedan

Hi Angie! I'm a Sydney based interior designer who's a bit passionate about lighting (as in i LOVE lights!!).....I'd love to help if I can! You've posted pix of lights that are traditional and also more modern ....I source from a huge range of suppliers and am sure we could find something....here are a couple of egs of lights I source

ANyway, if youd' like to chat more, my mobile is 0450 284 922!

Good luck - it looks like a really lovely space!

• PRO
    Soktas Handblown Glass Lighting
    7 år sedan

Hey Angie, these are all one of a kind Hand-blown at an affordable price. Easy to install. If you are interested please have a look :)

• Gallifrey
    7 år sedan

is your ceiling high enough to take a chandelier?

• queenie
    7 år sedan

You could install one of those inverted dome things and the chandelier would be higher, so tall people can walk safely under it. .

• PRO
    GoLights
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Hey there!

Space looks awesome! and the neutral colours are perfect canvas for you picking the chandelier of your dreams. There are lots of affordable options on our website, that are stylish premium products without the designer price tag!

Some options might be:

Bocci Pendant is a great modern range that is delicate yet a statement piece

This beautiful chandelier offers you more traditional charm with a modern twist

The above styles offer you a shade and chandelier combination, which can be great for more ambient lighting, as the shade will contain the light more so than exposed globes, this can help to add more ambience.

I noticed some pops of red and earth tones in your rug, you might want to pull these colours out and add a statement with this red chandelier.
    Add some classical charm with this three tiered pendant... stunning!
    Something more transitional a blend of traditional and modern charm in this pendant.

Or a more modern hand blown glass pendant, this also looks great in a cluster!

Hope some of these ideas helped! Also when you mentioned 'easy to instal' this can be tricky with chandeliers or pendants as they need to be hard wired, which will mean you will need to run electrical work to the point if it's not already there. "DIY" options are great but the banten holder (lamp holder) needs to be pre-installed, so again here you will need to do some electrical work.

Take a look at our website for more help :) Good Luck with the hunt hope you find the perfect piece! https://www.golights.com.au/

• Ann B
    7 år sedan
    Hi. Good question from Gallifrey re ceiling height. I'm also wondering if you plan to install new fixture in same spot as the current ceiling oyster? And if you have your piano lid open most of the time? So height of light you are looking for is what? I like the idea of a Venetian chandelier, similar to the red one posted above. What about in black?
  • Warren Meade
    7 år sedan

there are a lot of options given but most need a good drop i suggest you look for something in what we call a ctc( close to ceiling) variety there are some but cost depends on quality. Also its the baby grand thats got to take pride of place do you want to detract from that.

• mikes1974
    7 år sedan
    Please consider Bocci Balls or Moooi Paper chandelier. We can help you with these both options. Bright Mirror Solutions. Info@brightmis.co.nz
  • Ann B
    7 år sedan
    Here are a few from the site oskuee suggested. Seem like reasonable prices too. Photos show size and drop.
  • fdoherty14
    7 år sedan

Hi there, i have this chandelier for sale at the moment on ebay, i am based in Balmain Sydney

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/112173354826?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• Vy
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

not sure about the ceiling height for your chandelier ..we too have a baby grand ..what about just a simple pendant ? near the key board for reading of music ? or a wall light near by? or a floor lamp ? I know my kids have trouble reading the music in low light? at night?

• Warren Meade
    7 år sedan

Vy thats such a good suggestion and a floor lamp especially something smart would add to the appeal of the baby Grand.In doing that ide add a simple track light with movable heads and dimmable to light the space either bright or mood depending on what you want.

• KK1000
    7 år sedan
    Try this instead
  • KK1000
    7 år sedan
    This is from IKEA
  • PRO
    Castelle and Leon
    7 år sedan

Hi, please browse our chandelier options :) we ship free Australia wide www.castelleandleon.com.au

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.