stella_bella_boo

Ideas on art and rug in living room

stella_bella_boo
7 år sedan
senast redigerad:6 år sedan

Hi we are looking for some art on the wall above the sofa. (The blue cushions are just there for now and we will change to match our art). Our kitchen is white with veneer over cupboards and a splash back window with green plants. The pool just outside the window and next to the sofa is light blue (there's another window along same wall with pool view too) Was thinking of bringing in the blue from the pool into art? As sofa is not centred along wall would we have art in the middle of the sofa rather than the middle of the wall? Also any ideas of colour and style of a rug under coffee table and what size?

Kommentarer (26)

• ecl24
    7 år sedan
    I would still centre the art on the wall but if you're worried about it looking off balance, you could have two or three framed prints rather than one big one. Re the rug, do you want it to blend and let the artwork etc pop or do you want the rug to liven up the room?
  • ecl24
    7 år sedan
    I envision perhaps a natural fibre rug like jute which would match with your floorboards and let the lovely grey sofa be the focus. Or you could go a really exciting rug with lots of colours or patterns as you don't have much it would clash with.
  • ecl24
    7 år sedan
    And id go a rug bug enough for the front legs of both sofas to rest on it
  • stella_bella_boo
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Probably let the artwork pop. We have that second rug under our dining table so after something a bit different

• PRO
    2 FIND and DESIGN
    7 år sedan
    Your living room is looking lovely!
    Here are some affordable IKEA rugs that may suite your space that we're loving in the image below...
    Another great resource for art is
    https://society6.com/prints with thousands of genres to choose from...
  • philippawright
    7 år sedan

Hi,

I actually quite like your cushions - the tone is good and the pattern works well.

I think some black and white photography with white mats and frames would look good.

I would line a decent sized vertical print up with the position of the left hand cushion on the 2 seater couch. This deliberate position will balance your lamp and avoid it looking like you were compromising by trying to centre it between two things.

You could equally go with a long horizontal print but make sure it is not hung too high- experiment before you settle on the level.

I agree the rug will ideally having the couches on top but if you find the right thing I wouldn't dismiss a smaller one.

Here are some rug ideas- The first one is bold and i suggest some of the yellow / mustard cushions on the couch. sorry not sure how to successfully link the photos and my teenager is not home to show me!

Freedom

Bazaar

Saana

Ikea
    Marslev

Vidstrup

and there is another square grey one with a white sunburst pattern..

Any of these could look good in your room depending on how much colour and texture you want. The floor is a nice tone so I wouldn't be in hurry to cover it if you don't have to or can't find what you like.

• Barbara Hill
    7 år sedan
    My preference is to center the art to the wall, choose light colours that bring the blue in from outside and go with the lovely blue in the cushions.....but make it BIG. Then perhaps a large plant in the corner with the lamp. I think a large, light coloured (perhaps beige) rug.
  • philippawright
    7 år sedan

http://www.inaluxe.com/collections/all - This Australian design team have some interesting works if you are keen on artwork that pops.

• KK1000
    7 år sedan
    I have just come home from Oz design shop they have large variety of artwork and it's on sale now, so is freedom furniture.
  • PRO
    Cordony Group
    7 år sedan

To pull in the blue from the pool, either splashing it against the wall or floor is a great idea!

Rug ideas:

Muttama Road, Artarmon · Mer info

Nelson Street, Chatswood · Mer info

High Street, Willoughby (2) · Mer info

Artwork options:

Knowlman Avenue, Pymble · Mer info

High Street, Willoughby · Mer info

Nelson Street, Chatswood · Mer info
    66 Woodlands Road East Lindfield · Mer info

(All the artwork pictured is from Designer Boys. Their prints and beaded artwork are unique and very reasonable prices!

These can be purchased online at https://www.designerboyscollections.com/

however their site is only available for viewing by trade customers- which we have access to.

We'd love to help out! To get in contact: 1300 669 590 or kahlia@cordonydesigns.com.au)

• Lesley Taylor
    7 år sedan

Maybe try some pastel (scandi shades) cushions and a piece of art work to pick up the cushion colours, some with a slightly stronger tone, to give texture. May I suggest my painting Dandelion Puffs available on Bluethumb at

https://bluethumb.com.au/lesley-taylor/Artwork/dandelion-puffs-spring (90cm (W) x 90cm (H) x 1.5cm (D) which should be large enough to make a statement over the sofa.

• PRO
    The Rug Establishment
    7 år sedan

Your style is contemporary coastal so definitely a rug with blue in it.

Our stock rugs come in 160x230cm, 190x290cm and 240x300cm. You'll want the rug to either have the front legs of your couches on it or to go right up to it to frame the area. So best to measure!

Depending on how much colour you like..

Coast Beach · Mer info

Alpine Breeze · Mer info

Santana Azure · Mer info

Claremont Blue · Mer info

Madison Wickham · Mer info

There are always options to custom size and colour too.

• stella_bella_boo
    Författare
    7 år sedan

So that's another thing. Would we get a rug big enough to go in front of both couches or just in front of the modular. I was thinking both would be too big and loose a lot of timber floor. The modula and couch do not line up either and can't evenly (if that makes sense).

• Fiona Anastasia Whitefoot
    7 år sedan
    I would place a large and beautiful ocean print on the wall above the couch to compliment the blue in your cushions. You can also choose a set of three of four serenity photographs in black and white!
  • stella_bella_boo
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Found this and I really like it. I'd also say our house is a bit more Scandinavian than coastal.

• stella_bella_boo
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Then maybe a rug like one of these

• philippawright
    7 år sedan

Seems like you are on a roll. Start with the piece that you love the most or is hardest to choose and go from there.

• stella_bella_boo
    Författare
    7 år sedan

But originally imagined one large piece like these haha so now I'm confused!

• petapea
    7 år sedan

stella_bella_boo, the first prints you've chosen are definately more of a Scandi look, the second lot would create a more traditionally 'arty' vibe.

• bigreader
    7 år sedan
    The first prints are amazing and would look great in your room. Then I like the top right rug. You're on track to a gorgeous room.

Scandi is not my style but I really like those prints.
  • spmm
    7 år sedan
    Tsk tsk... Art at the least is something which resonates with you, for any reason, great Art is a bit different.....
    Buy a prepared canvas and some colours you like and have at it.
    Then hang it up on the wall....

I would suggest a large horizontal canvas close to the width of the sofa for that wall.
  • spmm
    7 år sedan
    https://www.aboriginal-art-australia.com/. You may like one of these originals, would also give the decor some depth.
  • PRO
    Zetta Kanta
    7 år sedan

I love the gray! Very calm colour.

Heart Felt by Zetta Kanta · Mer info

• PRO
    Kylie Fogarty Art
    7 år sedan

Love that textile art Zetta Kanta - what did you decide on stella_bella_boo? Would love to see the final design.

• LesleyH
    6 år sedan
    Old post Oct 2016. I wonder what they did?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.