zullican

removing a bath tub

zullican
7 år sedan

I am thinking about turning the upstairs bath tub into a walk in shower. My other bathroom has a shower (not close to my bedroom) therefore I would be eliminating a tub in my house. Is this a foolish project lowering the value in the house?

Kommentarer (8)

• acm
    7 år sedan

People with young kids usually want a tub. So it depends a bit on the demographics of your neighborhood, but in general, yes.

zullican thanked acm
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 år sedan

I would never buy a place without a tub as I rarely shower

zullican thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • Wendy
    7 år sedan
    I echo, most young families will want at least one tub in the house. Can you replace the other bathroom shower with a tub/shower combo?
    zullican thanked Wendy
  • shirlpp
    7 år sedan

Yes!!!

zullican thanked shirlpp
  • PRO
    M&M Interiors
    7 år sedan

I would not recommend you eliminate all of the tubs in your home as it will hurt for resale. I have had numerous adult clients who still like to take baths, and of course anyone with a young family will need a tub.

zullican thanked M&M Interiors
  • zullican
    Författare
    7 år sedan

To answer Wanjess, the bathroom with a shower is in the addition of the house and occupied by a man who likes his shower. Thank you for your reply

• PRO
    Charco DESIGN & BUILD Inc.
    7 år sedan

I would keep the tub for resale value. This is an ideal part of the home for families with little ones. Think of it as a small pool. Kids stay entertained for awhile and parents don't have to be in the shower with them to get them clean.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.